Anonymous
Years ago

Melbourne United re-sign Barlow for 2018

"Melbourne United are pleased to announce that experienced power-forward David Barlow has re-signed for his sixth season with the Club.

The four-time NBL Champion brings a wealth of experience after more than 15 years playing in the NBL and abroad.

After playing a key role in the Club's Championship success during 2017-18, Head Coach Dean Vickerman was pleased that Barlow would be playing on with United."

Topic #43274 | Report this topic

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

It's a good signing, but with Melbourne losing Wesley, Brisbane gaining some good Aussies, and Sydney getting Bogut, they're really going to be up against it to be at the level they were last year. They'd better be ready to put in some big cash for imports.

Reply #687705 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Barlow hit some big shots in the playoffs.

He could, at the right price, be a decent spot up shooter off the bench and veteran leadership.

Good on him for extending his career.

Reply #687707 | Report this post

koberulz  
Years ago

Melbourne United are pleased to announce that experienced power-forward David Barlow has re-signed for his sixth season with the Club.
Melbourne's interesting relationship with history continues, I see.

Reply #687708 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Well technically it is the same club, Tigers were just rebranded as United.

On the signing with some of the big shots Barlow hit in the playoffs especially in the GF I'm a bit surprised he wasn't able to squeeze a two year deal out of them.

Reply #687710 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Good signing - are Melbourne bringing Andersen back?

If Melbourne aren't would free up $$ - Melbourne need one more high quality local player to compete with Sydney etc.

Team looking like
Import PG/Adnam
Goulding/Hooley
Import SF/Moller
Trist/Barlow/Smith-Milner
Import C/Pledger?

Pledger is rumoured to be going to Melbourne

Reply #687718 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

If rumours are true:

In: Trist, Pledger, Smith-Milner (Elevated from DP)

Out: Wesley, Majok, Andersen

With imports to be signed.

United already had one of the best import groups ever- Ware and Boone making all NBL 1st team and Prather with injuries but playing a valuable role in the GF.

With the improvements to Sydney and Perth's locals - and Adelaide re signing their core- United won't start favourites next season. Far from it.

Reply #687742 | Report this post

anonymous  
Years ago

How old is David Barlow nowadays? Seems to have been around for a very long time...

Reply #687776 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

34 years old, he is a veteran now. If I am not mistaken he is the only player still active from the Kings three-peat era (he played in the last two of the three titles).

Man, I feel old.

Reply #687782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

His first NBL season was 2003-04.

I doubt any other player active in the NBL right now played anywhere close to back then?

Reply #687783 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looking at a list of active players from 2003-04 I've realised he is tied with Vukona who also debuted in that season. Both are now tied with the retirement of Oscar Forman from NBL basketball.

Reply #687787 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:06 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754