EC
Years ago

Dusty 'Garbage Man'

Can someone confirm if this nickname for Dusty originated from Steve Carfino. That is who I first heard mention the name. I think it is a shocking name and not very flattering. The so called "garbage" results in valuable points and rebounds that the team cannot do without. How it is referred to as garbage is beyond me. I take it that the garbage is actually what others in the team dish out and he picks it up and makes something good out of it. If that is the case why not call him "Midas" or something along those lines.

Topic #4328 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ec you havent been around stadium's very long???? Garabage Man is exactly what he does. Picking up the shit missed shots of others and puts them in the basket. (Just like the garbo's taking care of other peoples rubbish).It is not offensive.And the term has been around since basketball was invented.

Reply #50234 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Reesy used to be referred to as the garbage man a bit aswell, when he gets those offensive boards and pops in the little layup shot. You need a couple of guys like that on ur team, that will bust their a$$es to get the rebound, but i think dusty has more skill than is portrayed by the nickname garbage man.

Reply #50341 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

usually Jacobs missed shots, he makes Dusty look good with all his misses

Reply #50450 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:51 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754