LV
Years ago

Greatest NBA Backcourts

I was thinking about the upcoming Western conference finals and realised this series will pit two of the greatest backcourts of all time against each other.

I'm not too well versed in the 60s and 70s but certainly if we're talking the last 30 years, Curry and Thompson must have the title already.

What are some other good ones?

Parker/Ginobili comes to mind. Multiple championships although having Pop and Duncan probably helped a bit.

Billups and Hamilton deserves a mention. As do Dumars and Thomas.

Others?

Topic #43283 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

MJ Pippen...

Reply #687802 | Report this post

Give me Showtime over Klay and Steph. Magic Johnson and Byron Scott with Coops off the bench

Reply #687804 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The 72-10 Bulls team had Kerr and then Harper as PGs. Pippen was the SF.

Reply #687809 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

If going old school, The Pearl & Frazier in Knicks was huge. Bad boys era , Thomas & Dumars. Kenny Smith & Vernon Maxwell were dynamic duo, ofc Olajuwon didn't hurt their title chances either.

Non-championship duo that was notable was Tim Hardaway & Mitch Richmond. Add Mullins at SF, they were one of the most potent offensive trio operating out of the backcourt.

Reply #687811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

J rich and baron davis

Kobe and fisher

Kidd and carter

Rondo and ray allen

36ers fans and complaining about the refs

Reply #687817 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"The 72-10 Bulls team had Kerr and then Harper as PGs. Pippen was the SF."

Whoops, brain fade.

Reply #687818 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thomas and Dumars?
West and Baylor?
Who was with Cousy in the Celtics hay days? Bill Sharman maybe?
Curry and Thompson would have to be very close!

Reply #687825 | Report this post

LeBronto  
Years ago

Thomas and Dumars
CP3 and Harden
Curry and Klay
West and Goodrich

Reply #687835 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Although not a fan of one of them, the potential of Westbrook and Harden, a probable back to back MVP backcourt. Of course they probably couldn't/cant coexist together.

Reply #687836 | Report this post

Non-championship backcourts, Stockton and Horny.

Reply #687881 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Magic Johnson / Norm Nixon

Reply #687883 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Hardaway and Richmond probably close to the best......until warriors decided to trade Richmond for billy Owens!! Stupid

Reply #687892 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I wonder how many people are googling to try and find the most obscure answer, haha, Norm Nixon. Not saying its wrong but you ever see him play?

Reply #687898 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was trying to be obscure with the Magic / Nixon nomination. This was the backcourt that started 'showtime'. Nixon's numbers were better than Byron Scott's (the player that replaced Nixon when he was traded to the Clippers). But maybe i am showing my age.

Reply #688165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

sorry. was NOT trying to be obscure...haha

Reply #688166 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

Eric Snow & Sasha Pavlovic.

Reply #688169 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

The backcourt that I was most disappointed by was Damon Stoudamire/JR Rider at the early Jail Blazers as that could have been spectacular but it didn't work.

Fantasy backcourt would be Seattle getting Latrell Sprewell to join up with Gary Payton, that would have been fun to see.

Did we have Mookie Blaylock and Steve Smith at Atlanta as I remember they were exceptional players

Reply #688689 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mo Cheeks/Andrew Toney. Starting backcourt on one of the GOAT teams, the 82-83 76ers. If it weren't for injuries, Toney would have gone down as one of the best two guards ever. And Cheeks was as good a two-way floor leader as there was.

Reply #688701 | Report this post

Curtley  
Years ago

Frazier/Monroe.

Reply #688876 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:04 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754