import guard cant be trice I don't think he be a bench player if he comes back
Vukona
Fullarton
Magnay
Te rangi

Topic #43287 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

If they roll out that starting 5, a lot is going to depend on Bairstow's recovery as well as the quality of the import SF. The 3 B-Team Boomers on their own are fine, but not sold on them all as starters together in an 8 team league.

Reply #687915 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Cadee and Hodgson would be OK bench players on a solid team

Reply #687919 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surely cant start Cadee, really needed to go with import there and Gibson as backup then have another cheap big import to fill in for Bairstow or when they realise Hodgson is very limited. Spot on comment with B-Team Boomers, maybe one can start but not 3. And big question mark on Bairstow with how quick he can come back. Reckon they'll be bottom this year, not really a good advertisement for buying them.

Reply #687920 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

With that starting line up I would be concerned with whoever out of Bairstow and Hodgson have to guard at the 4 spot on the defensive end.

Reply #687923 | Report this post

If Bairstow is healthy he can guard the 4 quite easily in the NBL.

Reply #687925 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is this Bullets team being assembled for the NBL or Asian Cup? Seems like the latter to me.

Reply #687942 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

They still have Jervis.

have they actually signed Fullarton, Magnay, and Harrison?
That seems like a very full, and oversized, roster?

No way Cadee starts, surely there will be an import PG?
Gibson seems past it.

Reply #687943 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I don't think Cadee would've signed a 3 year contract with them for a bench role I think he'll be starting.

It's interesting in the Trice article that the Bullets told him they might still have some interest in him after the early flurry of free agency (if the Bucks thing had never happened of course) with both Cadee & Gibbo there no real spot for Trice on that team now.

Jervis is technically under contract but the Bullets don't want him back and have told him to speak to other teams. I wouldn't think he would come back playing behind guys like Bairstow & Hodgson.

Reply #687946 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Fullarton is an athletic swingman, not a big. He'll play some reasonable minutes this year, will be a gun in a few year.

Reply #687954 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"I don't think Cadee would've signed a 3 year contract with them for a bench role I think he'll be starting."
If Cadee starts they might as well get that spoon display now.

"Jervis is technically under contract"
Yes he is, which means if he doesn't get a better offer he stays. Could get messy if they're expecting that slot to be part of their 5 man cap.

They lured Jervis to Brisbane with big money and promises, and now its going to bite them in the arse.
Nobody is going to offer him a better deal.
A few teams could and should offer him more minutes, but it would mean leaving or uprooting his young family again. his wife would be making more money, so it wouldn't make a lot of sense to interrupt her career again.

If their plan is to return to Perth, I could see that happening, but thats a lot of ifs.

Reply #687977 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:08 pm, Thu 28 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754