Shayno
Years ago

3x3 hustle

Just a rant.

Can the please can the 3x3 hustle. No one wants to see washed up end of bench 90s nbl players. The whole concept is garbage and no one is even going to watch.

The whole concept sucks. Please please please someone bury it. I would rather watch 3x3 bargain hunt than this crap.

Topic #43297 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Now that it's an Olympic sport I'm pretty sure they're not going to scrap it.

Reply #688128 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shouldn't be an Olympic sport.
boring to watch, fun to play.

Reply #688132 | Report this post

AKA  
Years ago

No one is forced to watch it Shayno. I don't like some shows on TV so I just choose to not watch them as opposed to lobbying for them to be scratched.
If it makes you so uncomfortable to see then don't roll up as a spectator.

Reply #688133 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

People like garbage: see Keeping up with the Kardashians as an example

Reply #688144 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

This keeps feeling like the AFLX to me. Both look fun to play but boring to watch, and keep trying to be pushed on us through its promotion.

Reply #688150 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I watched. i enjoyed. Sometimes I feel people just don't love basketball as much as they've convinced themselves they do.

Reply #688159 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

True i dont have to watch it and i wont but as said its forced down our throats like aflx.

Get the 5v5 game right first then try this crap.

Just sick of people chasing $$$. Has ruined sport

Reply #688235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Australia is very behind in terms of 3x3. Trust me when you see elite 3x3 at the Olympics or world stage it will be a lot better to watch.

Reply #688239 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's not though. It is thoroughly in-entertaining even at the highest level.

Reply #688293 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I've watched a bit and enjoyed it. I could see it getting into schools quite easily as another way for basketball to attract kids.

I think they're doing a good job of promoting it, especially the balance between male/female formats, and other age groups.

More basketball opportunities/jobs for players, refs and so on. I like that the variant means that someone who didn't play NBL (Steel) can be brilliant at it, and someone like Conn who never really got a long NBL run can be a force too.

Any sport not developing a blitz format in 201x is leaving their flanks exposed, IMO.

Reply #689026 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's boring to watch, because traditionally 3 on 3 is something played in the streets.

There's emotional and a bit of pride on the line when the game is played with "winners ball" rules.

The rules and set up of FIBA 3x3 takes all the emotion, story telling and excitement out of the game.

The games rules make the game purposefully quick, however the beauty of 3x3 is in the individual match ups. The stare downs, the battlers and smack talk.

There's absolutely none of that in the FIBA 3x3 competition.

It's just quick outlets after made buckets and jump shots.

The game actually needs the ability to be slowed down.

Reply #689030 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

More basketball opportunities/jobs for players, refs and so on. I like that the variant means that someone who didn't play NBL (Steel) can be brilliant at it, and someone like Conn who never really got a long NBL run can be a force too.

How is it giving more opportunity it's the same players getting the same opportunities just in a different format, same ones that make the aus squad, national teams, it’s not expanding the pool just getting the same ones out there

Reply #689061 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:22 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754