Anonymous
Years ago

third party payments

Do the imports and Australian marquee have third party payment if not they should. I think third party payments in the nrl is 50,000

Topic #43299 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

ffs can we stop with the random threads lol. In the last 48hrs pretty sure this along with

'nbl need trades'
'bullet starter'
'teams for sale'
'import locals
'better imports'
'the V hawks fans

have all been started by the same anon lol

Reply #688149 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OP should be banned until he learns how to spell properly and use punctuation.

Reply #688152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Dazz back as an anon and trying to pawn off poor basic English so as to not get caught out?

Reply #688153 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Third party payments have always been around. Penney was on a decent one back in the day with the Breakers when he originally signed.

Reply #688154 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

I second the motion please ban this guy.

Reply #688161 | Report this post

Ha - I'd suggest it’s Thomas and not Dazz

Where have you been Thomas?

Reply #688175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure what the OP is asking?
Do some players get benefits from Sponsors? Yes they do.
Does the NBL monitor this? No.

If you're talking about the practice of players being allowed to earn a certain amount as wages from sponsors for promotional work, and up to the limit its not counted towards the salary cap, as I think is or was allowed in the AFL. Then no, the NBL has never scrutinized things that closely.

When there was still a salary cap, teams like the Wildcats and breakers were heavily supplementing it, but mostly with non cash benefits.

Reply #688190 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has'nt this been common practise for years now?

Reply #688246 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It has. But no one seems to get it.

Reply #688250 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I get it, but I don't know the ins and outs of a duck’s bum.

I suspect that some on here want to know what players x,y and z really earn in dollars and in pecuniary and non-pecuniary benefits.

Whatever the answer is, I don’t think any players would deserve that sort of scrutiny. None of them would earn enough to employ an NBA style entourage to surround and cushion themselves from the sort of scrutiny that full disclosure would provide in our little fishbowl.

Reply #688276 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:19 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754