RJ
Years ago

Funny 2005 Junior Boy's Semi-Finals Preview

12 Boys 1:
SF1 (7:15 Marion Crt.1) South (3) v Forestville (4)
As impressive as the Eagles were last Friday in totally out smarting the Tigers, I'd have to say the Panthers were equally unimpressive. Coach Combe had definately done his homework and I'm sure will be just as prepared for this week's game. I'm tipping the in form Eagles in an upset.
SF2 (6:15 Marion Crt.2) Sturt (1) v West (2)
The Sabres have been rarely challenged locally this year; and not surprisingly it's West who have represented their toughest opposition. As well as the Bearcats played last Friday I still can't see them having enough to get over Sturt.

14 Boys 1:
SF1 (6:15 Port Crt.1) Norwood (3) v Forestville (5)
The Eagles win last week surprised most including myself and while injury can't be used as an excuse, losing their point guard early was key for the Rockets. Unfortunately I think Forestville's luck has run out and the Flames should have little trouble getting the win in this one.
SF2 (7:30 Port Crt.1) West (1) v Sturt (2)
The Bearcats have one last chance at glory in 2005 while the Sabres are in Nationals mode. Sturt's newest recruit was on fire last week and another performance like that would get them the win. But West will be more fired up for a win then any other team this week and I'm tipping they'll just get the win here.

16 Boys 1:
SF1 (6:00 Pasa Crt.2) North (3) v South (5)
Another team that proved me wrong last week. Maybe Carlo was still stinging about my comments on here. Either way the Panthers ride continues and the Rockets represent a getable challenge. Head over heart in this one, I'm tipping the Rockets.
SF2 (7:15 Pasa Crt.2) Sturt (1) v West (2)
Another healthy rivalry which extends to the following couple of year levels too. The Sabres have had the wood over West in the Winter and with the big fella back in uniform now have the extra height to compete with West's bigs. If Phillips and my State Champs MVP Humphries can light it up from outside this will be one of the highlight games of the whole weekend. Hoping they're up to the challenge I'm going with the Bearcats to just have enough.

18 Boys 1:
SF1 (8:15 Marion Crt.1) West (3) v Sturt (4)
It's a bit odd for these guys to be at Marion but with a smaller venue comes a better atmosphere. Without the big fella West struggled to compete with Forestville last week, but with him back the Bearcats would be small favorites. Sabres with Dodman in uniform can go with anyone (once they decide to use him!!) and the battle between those two should be worth watching on its own. Assuming they're prepared come game time I think the Bearcats will just have enough to sneak a win.
SF2 (9:30 Marion Crt.1) Southern (1) v Forestville (2)
A classic battle of two very different styles of basketball. The heart, hustle and run of the Tigers was good enough for a top finish at the end of the regular season. Again the Tigers big 6 will battle the poised, structured smarts of the equally talented Eagles. Brown, Hemmings, Florance, Slaghekke and Scott v Trent (BUFF!) Fildes, Harvey, Csono, De Cure and of course Seebohm. Definately the game of the night. I'm going with the Eagles in OT.

20 Men 1:
SF1 (8:15 Pasa Crt.1) Norwood (2) v West (4)
The Flames would be disappointed to be here especially considering the talent they have to face to avoid elimination. While not overly impressive last week West did enough to get the win and if Dan Zach and Craddock can light it up (and I think they'll do enough this week too) then they'll get the win.
SF2 (9:30 Pasa Crt.1) North (1) v Woodville (3)
Well once again I doubted them and once again the Warriors proved me wrong. They may not have the names of North but that didn't harm their ABL team's success either. I just can't bring myself to tip them against Kies, Hoffman, Rowe and Boyd along with the expert leadership of coach Schueller. North to get the win and head straight into another Grand Final.

Other Divs to come soon, hopefully ...

Topic #4333 | Report this topic

SA Confidential  
Years ago

And which of these games are you reffing RJ

Reply #50290 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can we expect div 2, 3, 4 reviews today RJ?

Also - will you do doing tips on Saturday for the games on Sunday?

Reply #50298 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Can you also make me a snack?

Reply #50299 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yeah, and while you're up, get me a drink.

Reply #50301 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And can I get a sock

Reply #50302 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

no we can not expect div 2, 3 ,4 reviews, div 1 girls and boys only k thnx

Reply #50303 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

I won't be reffing any, which is why I made tips for every game, unlike last week. (Now there's a clue for the 2 people left who don't know who I am!)

There are more previews in production as we speak, but not for EVERY grade.

Reply #50305 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

For God's sake RJ, whatever you do, stay away from the U18B3s - it's a powderkeg of emotion and fanaticism, that comp.

Reply #50308 | Report this post

TOOTHPICK  
Years ago

THANKS RJ!!!

Reply #50311 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

RJ,

Fantastic preview! And you even got a ball for it!

In my opinion, you should have also got one for the post about me and blonde North chicks!

Reply #50339 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the 10 boys some of them boys would eat the 12 boys alive ????

Reply #50359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes poeple forget that only last yr they were under 10s to

Reply #50365 | Report this post

Matt are there any blonde North chicks that you have not been linked too??? It's your style!

Reply #50387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Last time West played Sturt what I could see they shut your MVP player down he never scored from the out side. Maybe West need to go with Phillips in that game to shoot for them.

Reply #50393 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why arent you reffing any RJ?

Reply #50446 | Report this post

Quiet one  
Years ago

How come RJ, tried to play did we, tried to be clever in D did we, lol, NO D, NO O!!!

Reply #50455 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Ha Ha Ha.

"NO D, NO O!!!"

NO Left arm!!! Well no left arm thats working!

It's turned a nice shade of purple though.

Reply #50460 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whatcha need a left arm to ref for?!?!

Reply #50461 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

It's a bit hard to ref when your humerous bone is broken.

It's a bit hard to sit still when your humerous bone is broken!!

Reply #50462 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:50 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754