Anonymous
Years ago

Hawks on verge of massive signing

According to a tweet from Lachy Reid.

Anyone got any educated guesses? I'm thinking Motum.

Topic #43334 | Report this topic

AD  
Years ago

bwahahaha

More likely Greg Hire

Reply #688991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Because of it's wording I doubt it's a returning player and probably too early to be an import. European or maybe a big name college player seems most likely.

Would love to see Motum in the league. Would be great too to see him at a team like the hawks that's struggling a bit.

Left field guess is maybe a good chinese/filipino/indian player who can play as a local? Maybe even Blatche lol? I think he's looking for a team at the moment.

Reply #688999 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

Because it's nothing more than a guess I'm gonna say Ben Madgen, judging by their lack of signings they could do with a quality shooting guard and not getting Rotnei means they could go for an Import 1 & 4 (pretty sure that Blanchfield wouldn't wanna play behind a Conger type import).

Backup guess is Anatoly Bose or whatever his latest surname is... but he is a 3 also so that's a pretty stupid guess

Reply #689001 | Report this post

Slam drunk  
Years ago

Daniel Joyce + dad combo signing

Reply #689003 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Demetrius Conger?

Reply #689007 | Report this post

Titan26  
Years ago

You heard it here first.....Brian Conklin will be a hawk next season

Reply #689008 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Another guess is Xavier Cooks.
Motum a possibility.

Reply #689011 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jock Landale is my guess.

Reply #689014 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The beer pouring guy is set to be assistant coach.

Reply #689016 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

NBL had an article yesterday about Conger getting strong offers from multiple teams. Can't see the Hawks competing with that, but who knows.

Reply #689019 | Report this post

Woody  
Years ago

Will Be Conklin maybe

Reply #689021 | Report this post

AbitMore  
Years ago

yeah not sure the use of "massive" is accurate post Bogut signing

Reply #689022 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It definitely probably could be Conklin I hope. Confirmed.

Reply #689023 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Well, Lachy is usually spot on, but I can't remember the last little leak that wasn't locked in, so it will be interesting to see how much he was exaggerating with this "massive" comment...

Lots of good ideas floating around here though, for a change... I would have hoped Conklin would have done his dash with the NBL?

Reply #689024 | Report this post

SteveK2  
Years ago

Titan26 spot on. Its Conklin. Things looking better for the Hawks but Conger is likely out of their price range now.

Reply #689034 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Well at least spices things up having him back in the league been a while since we had a genuine villain in the NBL like Heal, Grant Kruger, Ray Gordon.

Reply #689036 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

^
You don't count Redhage?

Reply #689050 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I forgot about Flophage!

Reply #689055 | Report this post

jjj  
Years ago

Conklin it is. But 11th player will be "massive" this season

Reply #689129 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Zodiac, how could you not mention Tim Morrissey, I'm sure fans went to games vs the Kings just to boo the fuck out of him... good times good times!

Yeah we definitely need more villains, I really felt that Cedric Jackson was going to become one due to him being the best player yet couldn't make a free throw... would love to see him back though!

Reply #689173 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Boti reporting on Twitter that Xavier Cooks has signed with the Hawks. Wouldn't call it massive though.

Reply #689181 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

Hawks looking good to me

Ogilvy/?Delvon Johnson
Conklin/Ellis
Blanchfield/Coenraad
??Jett/White/Cooks
Naar/R Martin

With Bevo as coach, should be in or around the playoffs.

Id take that line up over either QLD team at the very least.

With many returning players/guys who played together at the Crocs for Shawn Dennis (Bevos mate) the chemistry should be good too.

I would expect Blanchfield to get back to his Crocs form, Bevo is the first real coach he has had since Shawn Dennis.

Reply #689183 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cooks is 4-3 not a two guard, even 3 not certain has handling skills. Will be interesting as he has good resume but from a poor conference.

Reply #689186 | Report this post

Thunder Jam  
Years ago

Take that patch off Capt.

Ogilvy/?Delvon Johnson
Conklin/Ellis
Blanchfield/Coenraad
??Jett/White/Cooks
Naar/R Martin

Thanks for the laughs!

A kid and pensioner at the 1......
Two Aussies at SF no hope!

Your line up is the wooden spoon fav.

Reply #689192 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

We will see

I back Bevo in every time, but am not a Hawks supporter

If you look at the 2017 GF team

I think Naar could come in and fill Nortons role ok, he is a older rookie around 23 years old and had a very good college career 10p, 6ast, 2 rbd, really good shooting numbers, if he can replicate close to that, he will be fine imo

Blanchfield should/could be better than Marvelle Harris

Conklin should be better than Kay

Albeit Jett likely wouldnt be as good as Rotnei Clarke, if they do go for Jett/cant get Clarke back

Getting Ogilvy fit and firing will be the key

If Bevo isnt confident in starting Naar, could sign another Aussie back up Big and use the import spot on a PG too

Its not just about putting together big names, its about talents that compliment each other, chemistry, coaching, attitude, work ethic, etc etc too

Reply #689194 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Has Jordair Jett improved his body shape since Townsville?

Reply #689212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Naar is a pass first point so you need to put shooters around him or give him lanes because you don't want him shooting jumpers at all. Teams will likely do what they did with Tokoto and move back from him to try get him to shoot.

Reply #689214 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Teams will likely do what they did with Tokoto and move back from him to try get him to shoot.

Thankfully you aren't VP of Illawarra Hawks scouting department.

In his 4 years as a Gael, he is 152 / 360 from 3PT @ 42.2%

Reply #689224 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:14 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754