This is one of the worst trade proposals I've ever seen

Reply #689125 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lol

Reply #689126 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Hmmm...Do I want Doncic or Ayton or do I want Love / Hood / Reid?

I don't think Option C should even exist.

Reply #689130 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

If you mean trading with the Cavs, then it depends...

I could see this scenario working out;

Suns receive Kevin Love + 8th Pick, and the Cavs receiving 1st Pick + Elfrid Payton/Brandon Knight

Other than that, I think Suns should keep the first pick and draft Ayton. Tyson Chandler's contract expires after next season anyway.

Reply #689133 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

Absolutely not!! No no no.

No words could describe the potential for Doncic. It has the potential to be the best international player ever.

Even his worst case scenario is legitimate all star.

And Centres aren't the way to go in the league anymore. Wing positions are where games are won and lost today.

Reply #689135 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Fair point MACDUB. Where would you play Doncic? I'm assuming the 1 spot next to Booker? And have 2 point guards coming off the bench? Then splash out cash at PF and Center positions?

Reply #689143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ayton could be the process 2.0, big call saying they don't have a place. But yeah playmaking wings rule the roost.

Reply #689148 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

lolll look up the CBA before posting stuff like this.

Hood cant be traded

and Lebron is re-signed with Bird-Rights, no need to clear salaries

Reply #689152 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Ayton has a decent jump shot and best big man to enter nba in a while. Who is to say the suns will have the advantage will a big mobile centre?

Suns also just got a Slovenian head coach so this could point to doncic going there too.

Cannot see any top 5 picks being traded.

Reply #689154 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love makes no sense for the Suns. Their best guys are in their early 20s, Love is 29, and he'd be lucky to make them a playoff team in the West.

But I disagree with Macdub about it being clear-cut that you take Doncic over Ayton. The league is in part dominated by wings because we're only just starting to see young big men coming through whose development has been informed by the recent dramatic shifts in style of play. But we are starting to see them: Davis, Towns, Embiid. Those guys are harder to find, so if you think Ayton can be one of them, you take him. I'm not sure I'd want to take a guy whose work ethic and attitude have consistently been questioned over a probably the most accomplished international teenager in men's basketball history.

Which brings me back to the OP, and the fact that both Ayton and Doncic have question marks over what they might be at the NBA level. They both stand a good chance of being all stars, but that's still a maybe, and neither necessarily looks like an MVP candidate. So if someone came along offering a disgruntled all-star under the age of 27, yes, you trade the pick. And Phoenix's medical staff have a stellar reputation, so maybe Kawhi would be ok with that.

Reply #689156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

coach is a serb not slovenian...

Reply #689159 | Report this post

Yinka Dare  
Years ago

Sorry Serbian but Slovenia's head coach

Reply #689174 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

If there was scope to trade down one spot and then take whichever of Doncic or Ayton was left, maybe, but not sure that would give them much.

Saw something suggesting that Ayton was a lock despite the coach connection.

Take the playmaker and offer big money to Adams or Capela maybe.

Reply #689178 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Trade Booker and Knight for #2, Bogdan and Justin Jackson

Reply #689180 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Draft Doncic and splash cash on a big like Capela

Reply #689184 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

Owner of Suns is a massive Wildcats booster so expect he'd want Ayton and in the end he signs the cheque regardless of the coaching connection.

Reply #689220 | Report this post

Phil  
Years ago

You would trade the number 1 pick + ? For Kat or kawaii if they wanted to come to you though

Reply #689483 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754