Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 9

Better late than never.

Southern vs West Adelaide
Game of the round & possibly game of the season so far. West have only one blemish early in the season but came without Jordan West or Tom Kubank. Southern haven't lost yet but teams have been edging closer. Spud, Thomas and Legan vs Staude, Johns and Brine presents some interesting match ups and possibly cross matches on the perimeter. West, Dowdell and Truslove vs Turnage, Mays and Dodman looks to be roughly even inside. Then there's bench contributors Braithwaite and Kubank vs Burns and Ellison. Hard to split any of those matchups I'd say. If you can tip it you're better than me.

Southern by 1 at home.

South Adelaide vs Sturt
South look to be unravelling after a promising start while the Sabres have started their return to form after hitting rock bottom losing to Mavs. Interesting to see if Shorne and Davis return to the starting lineup and which Sabres line up after returning from college.

Sturt by 6 with veteran experience.

Woodville vs Eastern
Both teams will be looking to get off 1 win and it's a tough one to call. Battle of the imports will be critical even if they don't match up on each other. Warriors will lift to get it done for retiring Adam Miller.

Warriors by 8.

Norwood vs Forestville
Very interesting game if Forestville are to genuinely push the top teams, DJ or no DJ. Teys vs Lycett could determine the outcome of the game, with Teys having a bit of an off night last week I'm sure he'll be out to prove a point against a Woollacott Medalist. Andrew Webber and Adam Doyle is always a good matchup as well. I think Norwood just have a few too many contributors.

Norwood by 5.

North vs Centrals
It's been all downhill for the Lions after a promising opening week win. This week will provide no relief. Despite Martin and Dau's best efforts, Starling will have his way and North will have too many contributors.

North by 13.

Some fantastic games tonight, look forward to hearing some reviews. I believe Southern vs West is being live streamed with commentary.

Topic #43353 | Report this topic

Ingles13  
Years ago

Southern by 10
Sturt by 8
Eastern by 2
Forestville by 12
North by 25

Reply #689349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

south sacked their womens imports, so guessing they will be getting flogged by even more now

Reply #689356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals over North maybe the biggest upset of the year.

Reply #689382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Centrals have been playing some good basketball, just have a bad 5 minute patch each week. Pushed Norwood and were very competitive against Southern and west. Will surprise a few this round. Not bad for probably youngest team in league,definitely most inexperienced.

Reply #689383 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watched Southern v West on the live stream. Great game but can't say the same for the commentary team unfortunately! Southern definitely aren’t unbeatable and West are very good team also.

Reply #689418 | Report this post

TNT  
Years ago

Why were South's womens imports "sent home"?

Reply #689431 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Being terrible might have had something to do with it

Reply #689433 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The live stream was excellent. This league didn't have a live stream 2-3 years ago. No commentary. Nothing. Huge progress in that space.

If you want to be contrary, you could say "north were undermanned and centrals were lucky"

Reply #689434 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

what was the commentary like?

Reply #689558 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It was very enthusiastic! They will get better with more air time.

The men's game was s pretty good showcase for premier league though.

Woodville in a world of hurt and a sad way to send off captain Miller.

Reply #689559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I believe he turned the ball over on the final play too. Tough to stomach for Nads.

26-9 point final quarter for Eastern to win by 2 is incredible

Reply #689563 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It is on Channel 44? I know they stream online on their website too so does that mean people outside of Adelaide or SA can watch via this?

Reply #689567 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep on the Premier League FB page! Anyone know who the callers were?

Reply #689569 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

On tv here channel 44 friday nites . One south import - a big girl , good but not great , but not sackable....

Reply #689668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sackable if not gelling with team and causing issues for the club

Reply #689673 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Callers of the game okay, just need more experience....
Couple of Journo students doing it voluntarily.

could use a former player/coach helping them out

Reply #689708 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:36 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754