Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Power Rankings Round 9

1. Southern Tigers (Last week: 1)
Might have genuinely been fortunate to play West with Jordan West still absent. Great game and arguably both sides are better than last years grand finalists, but some chinks in the armour were exposed. Number 1 for now, but may not see out the season there.

2. West Adelaide (2)
Took the loss but it was an honourable one and I think deserve to stay in second position. Still waiting on Jordan West to return but looking like they're meshing well and imports are an upgrade on last years pair.

3. Norwood (4)
Escaped with a 2 point win over Forestville to keep them in a double chance position. Would be happy to be 7-2 after the first round and with their imports settled in they'll fancy themselves down the stretch.

4. Sturt (5)
Who'd have thought this after losing an import and a surprise loss to Eastern! Casella has the boys back on track with 3 wins in a row and should feel confident of knocking off Southern after West exposed them last week. Coach Casella would be eyeing off Sturts third successive COTY trophy.

5. Forestville (6)
Narrowly went down to Norwood but still displaying good form and getting better as they gel. The big question will be when Johnson returns. Should be a cracker of a game against West this week.

6. North Adelaide (3)
Suffered the seasons biggest upset, going down to the Lions who were on a seven game losing streak. Proof Starling isn't enough and while we know Reed is capable, his first half of the season has been underwhelming to say the least. The excuses might be starting to wear thin.

7. Centrals (10)
Massive win for the Lions confidence and could put them on the path to making a run at the finals. Jimma Dau might already have the U21 award sewn up.

8. Eastern (9)
Massive last quarter by Rios to get over the line against the hapless Warriors. Making huge strides on last season and their import duo proving hard to stop.

9. South (7)
After such promise at the beginning of the season, things starting to look bleak now for the Panthers. No consistent performers and couldn't beat a mid table team even with both imports firing. Need a win to get back on track.

10. Woodville (8)
Speaking of needing a win, the Warriors are desperate. Seems like a potential injury to import Perry has really hurt their depth but would still be disappointed to lose to the Mavs from a strong position in the 3rd quarter.

Didn't get to a game on the weekend but thought the coverage of the Tigers vs West game was great and thoroughly enjoyed watching that game. Some are saying a GF preview, but I have my doubts over that.

Topic #43373 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

No chance of Sturt upsetting Southern this week - would be $20 outsiders.

West and Southern the strongest sides but you can't argue with a 9-0 record - every chance of the Tigers playing for an undefeated season against West at Port Adelaide in Round 18.

Reply #689761 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Love your write ups but Sturt are no chance against Tigers.

Reply #689763 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

North 6th and Sturt a chance to win. Time to give these up champ

Reply #689764 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hard to have North much higher after losing to Centrals.

Reply #689779 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They're now only the sixth best club because centrals played a blinder? Unless you’re ranking the teams weekly and not considering what’s happened up to that week

Reply #689782 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's kind of how power rankings work - recent form is weighted more heavily. And losses don’t come too much worse for a top 4 caliber team than to Centrals on a 7 game losing streak.

I’m a believer in North and I don’t see them staying there long but I have probably been wrong I’m assuming CJ Reed could recapture 2015 form, he is a mile off, he’s still fat and hasn’t made any of his team mates better this year. Huge disappointment and North would be looking for answers if Hawkes can’t deliver a GF this year considering they have two returning visa imports and a high profile recruit in Atem.

Reply #689785 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Is Jordan West injured or playing SANFL?

Reply #689792 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

people need to relax. These are one person's opinion to generate interest and debate. Clearly the point of continuing the Southern banter.

Don't agree post your own with your reasons why. But they're not official or anything so just enjoy it for what they are.

Reply #689797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

To be fair, if you put North where they should be, 4th, I don't really have a problem with anything else.

Reply #689806 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree to disagree. I think a loss to Centrals is worthy of a drop to 6th.

Reply #689814 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, North are done for the season. Will be lucky to make finals

Reply #689819 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes, they're definitely not four games better than the team below them, despite the loss.

Reply #689820 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think at this stage it's obvious the only thing op wants is to upset southern fans..

Reply #690364 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:41 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754