Tornado
Years ago

36ers re-sign Ramone Moore for two years

Watch this space...

As per their Twitter

Topic #43378 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

This early I think it will be the expected Ramone Moore confirmation.

Reply #689853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Really hoping this Travis Trice news is legit

Reply #689855 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

I'm not sold on Trice's fit in Joey's system, so hoping they don't pick him up.

Moore needs to be retained (for the right price). He played his role perfectly last season.

Reply #689856 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Childress likely off the cards who knows who it could be. The Moore rumours have been consistent though.

Reply #689860 | Report this post

I have it on good authority that Adelaide's imports for next season will be Ramone Moore and Scott Christopherson.

Reply #689862 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore going to be a starter?

Reply #689865 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

I'd say its Moore but others that have been mentioned to be in talks with Adelaide;

Childress
Conger
Trice

Reply #689869 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

Wouldn't be surprised if it was Conger. 36ers have a history of picking up Illawarra imports.

Reply #689870 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore signed on a 2 year deal

Reply #689872 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Yep...Moore for another 2.

More here: http://bit.ly/2J1FZrh

Reply #689873 | Report this post

Good pickup, and the first time in a long time to get a multi-year import signing.

Reply #689888 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Good work retaining him. Seemed to fit in regardless of how and when he was called on.

Reply #689892 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Looks like we're looking at some reasonably big names there with Childress, Conger and Trice. Agree that not sure how Trice would work with Adelaide, but I'd be happy with either Childress or Conger. I feel like we need a pass first point guard and I am not sure if Trice is that but I am open to having my mind changed.

Reply #689893 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

By supposedly chasing Conger does this mean Creek won't be back?

Doubt they would have both

Reply #689897 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

They expect Creek to get a two way deal.

Reply #689900 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cheers "Me"

Reply #689901 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

DJ Newbill to the 36ers...a possibility?

Reply #689904 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why would they get Newbill? They just re-signed Moore

Reply #689907 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Newbill would be a better fit for Cairns.

Reply #689911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Is Moore a starter all off the bench?

Reply #689913 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

He's expected to come off of the bench backing up Sobey at PG.

Reply #689918 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Sobey / Doyle
Newbill / Moore
Creek / Drmic
Childress / Deng
Johnson / Froling

Mcveigh & Teys rounding out the roster.

Reply #689922 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Anon #689907...well they had Shorter last season with Moore and Sobey so why not Newbill? He would be an upgrade on Shorter.

Zodiac...What's the purpose of Doyle if Moore's signing was to back up Sobey @ the point?

Reply #689924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

LOL Creek wont get a two-way contract. No chance.

Reply #689925 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Tornado,

I don't agree with it Boti said in a post a few weeks ago that's what the Sixers are going to do next season. Doyle's only a third string PG regardless.

Reply #689927 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

If we're looking for an import SF than the Sixers must have pretty good info of Creek's NBA chances. Even if he doesn't get a two-way contract I would still expect him to play in the G-League.

Reply #689928 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Pretty sure Creeks going overseas like McCarron? Shame on losing both, McCarron would be a great guy to build your team around, does not get the recognition that he deserved. The fact Cairns nominated Loughton as there MIP and not McCarron, I'm glad he left, most underrated player in the NBL.

Reply #689930 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Tornado, that's 12 if you're including Teys as well...

That's a pretty light bench, don't you think? Unless the young fellas step up... Or maybe it's a dev year like they sort of had with Drmic and Deng coming in and they needed time to develop (which has worked out well).

Reply #689938 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Zodiac, I don't disagree with you...was just putting it out there for debate.

WookieE, I don't think the bench is that light on. It is young but it possesses last years best 6th man, Deng started to come of age last season, Drmic is due for a break out year & Froling couldn't be any worse than Humphries was last season.

Reply #689944 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

an import here for 3 years that's fantastic.... ain't happened this century..
..top teams turnover the least players ... bottom teams the most..

Reply #689960 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Surely Moore has shown he's good enough to start at SG?
Or is that Sobey's role?
Where does Teys fit into all this?

(Sorry for ignorance, not an expert on Adelaide's, back court)

Reply #689966 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

Yeah true, Tornado, probably more young than light on, but I'd hope Froling is better than Humphries as that didn't work out well for the Kings at ALL lol...

Reply #689975 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We don't need much out of Frolling he's only got to be better than Hodgson.

Reply #689977 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

Humphries was ok, remember he was only 19, the problem is the Kings didnt get anything right with him at all, first of all why sign him for just 1 year and place expectations on him, surely you sign him for 3 years and have him as a back up to start with and bring him along slowly ie how the sixers have used Creek over his career.

Thats why entering the season with no C/Perry Ellis playing C was such a massive mistake, and dont get me started on bringing Tyler in mid season to save the season, which was never going to work.

OR

You go he is our future and pump 20-30 mins into him and ride through the bumps of it, like NBA teams do with high first round picks, and then hope it pays off in 3-4 years time, another reason why signing him to a 1 year contract was a waste of time.

They may aswell not signed him at all than to just have him last season.

Back on to Ramone Moore, this is an excellent signing.

Cant say im a massive fan of Sobey being the main PG tho, so I hope the 36ers bring in a quality import PG and a import PF (dont mind if its a 4/5 or a 3/4 like Childress)

I'd like the team to look like, assuming Creek is overseas

Johnson/Froling
Import (?Childress)/Deng
Moore/Drmic/McVeigh
Sobey/Teys
Import/Doyle

Reply #689978 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

If we lose Creek and Childress we need all we can get out of our players. Those two were huge last year.

IMO if we manage to keep both we're competitive with the best; if we get one but not the other we are competitive for 3/4/5th. If we keep neither we are 6-8th.

Reply #689979 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:47 am, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754