Hogwash
Years ago

How will Adelaide replace Creek

With Mitch Creek departing Adelaide this leaves a vacancy at small forward.
What are peoples thoughts on replacing him?
Do they go straight to an import three man eg. Conger or go with an import point guard which I think they need and play Moore, Drmic and McVeigh all minutes there instead.

Is there still a chance for Motum to come back and play at 4 spot with an import at 3.?
Interesting to see what they do next.

Topic #43454 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Import for that SF spot, the only worthy Aussies that can start in that role are Creek, Gliddon and Newley...no other Aussie SF's are at that level.

Reply #691533 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Enter Captain Teys to save the day ;)

Maybe look at going after McCarron.

Reply #691543 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron has gone the same way as Creek and doing well in Europe, no chance he comes back this season, shame, most underrated guy in the comp.

Reply #691544 | Report this post

FCF  
Years ago

JP tokoto

Reply #691547 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sam Johns time #goldcrew

Reply #691589 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They need someone to defend in the paint. That's not going to be DJ or Deng. And you can't bank on Froling doing it. So I think they need an import big. Hodgson leaving freed up a good amount of money to use for that.

The other import could either be a guard, leaving one of Moore/Drmic/Deng to start, or an import SF leaving them to get by with Sobey and Moore moving the ball.

Unless there's an obvious option at SF (say, Conger), I'd get the PG and leave SF for whoever best fits the plan out of the others.

Reply #691688 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Joey made it clear a while back he was planning on Sobey and Moore sharing the ball handling duties - this was before Moore was even signed.

Reply #691770 | Report this post

My question beyond replacing Creek's basketball ability, is how do Adelaide replace his leadership? Who do they have who stands up when the chips are down? Who will pull the team up on their back and carry them forward when things aren't going the right way? Label or not, Creek has been the captain of this club for the last couple of years and whilst they've had some other guys showing some leadership at times there's been no one as consistent in that role. DJ is slowly growing in to an on-court leader but the pace of his evolution is glacial so I find it hard to imagine him suddenly becoming a beast of a leader this season.

Reply #691793 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yep, leadership is underestimated in NBL, look at the Wildcats when Damo's not playing, a much weaker and less resilient team. I was hoping we signed Gliddon to take over when Damo retires.

Reply #691828 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McCarron has gone the same way as Creek and doing well in Europe, no chance he comes back this season, shame, most underrated guy in the comp.

Didn't know Boti was using hoops as another place to break news.

Reply #691937 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With Creek gone and Childress might not return what is left in 36ers cap? My guess 450,000

Reply #691938 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

It's tough.
Where are they in regards to their other signings?

Its really unfortunate losing him this late in the pre-season, because most of the mature guys (that could have provided some stability and leadership) have already signed elsewhere.

Not sure what their plans were otherwise, but I'd guess that at this point they'd be looking at 3 good imports.

Any chance Chill will be back?

Reply #691974 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Irreplaceable. Sixers are up Ship Creek.

Reply #692451 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:23 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754