Zodiac
Years ago

Dennis Rodman: The answer to world peace?

As we all know US President Donald Trump and North Korean President Kim Jong-Un will have their first face to face meeting in Singapore next week with reports Dennis Rodman will also arrive in the city state the day before and may even play a role in the negotiations.

Former NBA star Rodman used to pilloried in the US press for his unusual friendship of sorts with Kim who is a big NBA fan and Rodman who has since made about five trips to NK says a part of their coming together was Rodman giving Kim a copy of Trump's book last year to help better understand him.

"I think [Kim] didn't realize who Donald Trump was at that time, I guess, until he started to read the book and started to get to understand him. Donald Trump and Kim Jong-un are pretty much the same," Rodman told the website.

“I don’t want to take all the credit. I don’t want to sit there and say, 'I did this, I did that.’ That’s not my intention,” Rodman told the website.

“My intention was to go over and be a sports ambassador to North Korea so people understand how the people are in North Korea. I think that has resonated to this whole point now.”

https://nypost.com/2018/06/05/dennis-rodman-will-be-in-singapore-for-trump-kim-summit/

The next question becomes how can we as a species better utilise the special talents of this great man? Parachute him into the Gaza strip and let him go to work? Next stop the Middle East? Maybe Beijing re: Tibet? Surely a quiet word to Putin is on the bucket list?

Gandhi. Mother Teresa. Dennis Rodman, agents of World Peace.

Topic #43459 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

So, one of the Detroit Bad Boys is now a cornerstone of world peace.

Perhaps Ron Artest needs to get involved?

He might be onto something serious though, Trump and Kim do share some distinct personality traits. This hasn't been acknowledged by diplomats or other world leaders yet. If Rodman could see this a year ago (before a summit was ever mentioned) he might be as prescient about this as he was about where the ball was rebounding to. Remember how freakish he was about knowing where the rebounds could be harvested?

Reply #691742 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which book did Rodman give Kim? Art of the Deal (a fictitious account of Trump's famed business career) or one of the many books that highlight how he is a failed businessman many times over?

Reply #691743 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

If Rodman is the answer, then we have to be wondering, WTF was the question?

Reply #691745 | Report this post

Dennis Rodman was the GOAT Chicago player.

Fuck Jordan. Rodman won every year he was a Bull.

Did Jordan do that? I think not.

Reply #691893 | Report this post

Chewie  
Years ago

The only answer that is Dennis Rodman is to the question, what happens when you drink vodka and cranberry juice for breakfast.

Reply #692350 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #692356 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:27 am, Wed 17 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754