Zodiac
Years ago

Game 2 - NBL All-Aussies vs China

NBL team up 24-16 at the half.

Topic #43470 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Crap game, Moller 25 seconds at the end of 2nd quarter and chase down Cadee turn over and block the highlight. Brandt dunk was good but rest crap. More of Moller than 25 seconds would be nice.

Reply #692045 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Poor game. McQuade is unbearable in commentary.

Reply #692046 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McQuade not commentating

Reply #692048 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I didn't see the first half but the game has certainly picked up in the third with China leading 41-40 at the last break. The crowd are right into it.

Wang Zhelin is a beast.

Reply #692049 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Matt McQuade & Brad Rosen are the commentators tonight.

Reply #692050 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

McQuade is commentating #692048 you dope. 45-43 in the 4th quarter is awful

Reply #692052 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Finally the NBL have shown Matt McQuade some respect by flying him to china
to call the games.

Reply #692053 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

We win 58-55

Reply #692054 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

1. Pretty sure commentators weren't in china.

2. Moller rested as 3 games in 6 days.

3. Ive seen better 3 point shooting in philly's practice than what was on offer tonight

Reply #692055 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thankfully we have Simmons, Maker, Mills, Bolden, Dante, Delly coming into the Boomers team for the next Olympics. Because this current group athleticism and quickness is only slightly better than a turtle. If I'm Lemanis I wouldn't be overly happy with there performance against China.

Reply #692056 | Report this post

rjd  
Years ago

Brad Rosen was trying very hard to be very diplomatic about the Chinese reffing. I must admit that the reffing was less outrageously pro-China as usual in China, yet still often wavered between aggravating and ludicrous. Vaughan Mayberry definitely helped improve the respectability of the refereeing.

Reply #692057 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I don't really watch these matches, but why are these games always so low scoring? From memory last years were really low too.

Reply #692063 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

A large part of it is the fact they spend so little time together. Our team only started training together a week ago it's not much time to establish any sort of chemistry. Other factors include the fact they're exhibition games with nothing riding on them, international ball is half court slower paced which is usually lower scoring, poor reffing especially in China etc

Reply #692065 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Gliddon didn't do much until he hit that huge 3 and then scrambled to close out on that 3 in the corner and got a piece of it. 2 huge plays.

Reply #692089 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Matt McQuade might be a good guy with a lot of knowledge, but I cannot stand listening to his voice and hearing him get excited by some pretty mediocre basketball.

And yeah, the team basically looks garbage out there. I am sure there are many factors as to why, including having not played recently. But when it comes to team chemistry it really shouldn't be an issue. This is basically just another iteration of the same 10-16 players who always play in minor tournaments. They should know by now how to play together.

The team, as said, has no one quick or particularly athletic. At times I am embarrassed by the fact that they are some of the better Aussies in our league. I know they can be a few steps better than this but they're certainly not showing it in China. If you take the team player for player and compare them to China, we're a 40 point better team.

Series like this cause me to question Lemanis' coaching. Would another coach have us keyed in better? If we look at his recent coaching career there's nothing to really celebrate. And when it comes to the Boomers, outside of Rio he's done nothing of note, and how much of that was more due to the horses he had than his coaching? He certainly picks funny compositions for his teams. How many guards on this ALl AUS team? Like, 9?

Reply #692092 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Goulding, Gliddon, Cadee and Gibson. Four guards.

Reply #692095 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No one quick or athletic, the 24 seconds Moller played shows both speed and athleticism. Hopefully in game three he gets more time.

Reply #692101 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

Yeah well if Moller could arise as a factor in the series it would be the only thing to take from it.

Reply #692104 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Are we up 2-0?

Reply #692106 | Report this post

ME (he/kangaroo)  
Years ago

"Are we up 2-0?"

Yes, but the series is failing in what it is meant to do - sell the NBL to China.

Reply #692107 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

No arguments there.

Reply #692109 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moller will go close to seabl map this season and if lemanis doesn't know that the CM investing his time over there.
Kestleman has all these great ideas on how to lose money. This is another one of them. China have no interest in the nbl. it appears everyone else knows it except tha he person who should.

Reply #692114 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:53 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754