Years ago

Zone defence at junior classics

was surprised how often I witnessed zone defence being played at junior classics.

Topic #43478 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Surprised how often I see zone in premier league. Woodville and south never play zone, terrible that grown ass men can't play defence.

Reply #692248 | Report this post

Years ago

The zone I witnessed was from the teams that won their games. So those that were in for a win got what they wanted.

Reply #692266 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Except the Melb Tigers coach for U/16 Girls lost them the final. Up 9 with 2 mins to play, lost by 1. Played zone all last qtr.

Reply #692273 | Report this post

Years ago

zone is a legit tactic / play in u16s and 18s - so that's ok , just didn't work for that team. What I saw was in the lower grades where it wasn't supposed to be played. Surely if a coach / club has enough talent to get to classics they clearly know the ruling on zones in u10, 12 and 14s. What I saw was ball inbounded in the back court and 5 players either out of time outs or off a score run back and make a formation around the keyway. Not around the 3 point line or any attempt to sell it as a pack D with one or two players working the ball.

Reply #692285 | Report this post

Bballfan  
Years ago

If a team is zoning it doesn't mean they are bad a man to man Defense
That’s like seeing someone crack a cold beer and assuming they hate cider
Zone is just another beverage of the game

Reply #692312 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You missed the perfect opportunity to write "Beveridge" instead :P

Reply #692313 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville and South not using a zone is the exact reason teams should use a zone. No one should be doing anything those clubs are doing

Reply #692318 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Townsville basketball have banned it for the first half in juniors but 2nd half you can play it.

Reply #692338 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Just realised my post error above, should have been woodville and south always play zone.

Reply #692340 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I hate watching it be played, it's so boring.

Reply #692361 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:10 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754