Anonymous
Years ago

Creek worked out with the Nets

Mitch Creek had a few days with the Brooklyn Nets. Could a 2-way be coming his 'way'?

Topic #43484 | Report this topic

Zodiac  
Years ago

Good for him but these tryouts going on at the moment are Summer League tryouts. Firstly you've got to make the SL team, then get a training camp invite and then make the final roster. A long way to go yet.

Reply #692439 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not an NBA players bootlace

Reply #692457 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

6 5 Creek working out as a SG or SF ?

eg Torrey Graig played as SF in the NBL and SG in the NBA?

Reply #692459 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

When the Boomers assistant is lined up to be the Nets G League coach Creek in with a great shot at a 2 way contract.

Reply #692469 | Report this post

MACDUB  
Years ago

The only thing I fear with Creek is that he does a lot of things very good to good, but doesn't quite do any particular thing with excellence (though you could argue his defence and hustle falls into the latter).

I hope that NBA scouts evaluate him on his overall versatility and all-round skills, because Craigs' effect for the Nuggets has shown that players like him can give very valuable minutes (rather than just getting guys with one excellent skill shot i.e. a shooter with not much else).

Reply #692479 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Zodiac, Creek is already committed to a Summer League team. The Nets just wanted to see him closer.

Reply #692481 | Report this post

Reality  
Years ago

If he can get the 3 ball to rop consistantly in the 37-40% range he in with a shoot

Reply #692491 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That's a big "if" though, Reality. He didn't shoot much from outside the paint in the NBL.

Reply #692512 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Didn't think these mini camps or workouts meant much but given the boomers coach connection maybe there's more to this one than meets the eye.

Reply #692514 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Creek is an elite athlete but is he a good enough shooter or ball handler? Sam MacKinnon 2.0?

Reply #692515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Which Boomers AC is the next D League Coach at the Nets .....?

Reply #692518 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

What Creek does do well and what might get him a gig is;

+ Defense and Hustle (already well documented)
+ Very fit & can play at high speeds
+ Plays within the offense and doesn't do anything stupid or out of his capabilities.
+ Selective with his 3 point shots
+ Extremely efficient inside the arc/paint
+ Slashes to the basket
+ Strong/Finishes at the rim with contact

Reply #692520 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Which Boomers AC is the next D League Coach at the Nets .....?
Will Weaver. Story here

Reply #692524 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK, We've all got opinions. For what it's worth, I wish him all the best with the NBA route. It would be great to have another Aussie in the NBA.

Can I ask if any of you have actually played hoops and at what level?

I don't play and have never played, but I have shot free throws with my sons & I can get 8 or 9 from 10 shots. My sons have played extensively, mad State junior teams, etc.

Even with the little basketball knowledge I have (only from watching) tells me that shooting skill is generally something you are born with and there are varying degrees.

Before anyone jumps down my throat, yes he could get better through practice, practice & more practice and yes, he could have someone change his technique/mechanics. Not advisable as his age, look what that did for Tiger Woods. My point is he will only ever be so good & I think he is at his ceiling now, 3P shooting wise.

So, IMHO, Creek knows his limitations with shooting 3's. He knows his shot won't improve much more. I see his biggest attributes as his competitiveness and his basketball IQ.

I'm not saying he won't make the NBA, as I don't know if he will, but if, as others suggest, he needs a reliable high 30% low 40% 3P shot to make the NBA, then IMHO he won't make it. So he needs to shoot 3's like Chris Goulding, Ryan Broekhoff, Patty Mills, etc. IMO it won't happen.

The guy is 26. IMO, he is not going to miraculously start shooting better now. That boat has sailed.

Reply #692526 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Former nbl head coach is asst with nets d league team also.

Reply #692527 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I had to look that up, wow it's true former Kings coach Damian Cotter is an assistant coach with the Long Island Nets.

Reply #692530 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

...basketball is 10percent ability and 90percent practice....

Reply #692533 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Even with the little basketball knowledge I have (only from watching) tells me that shooting skill is generally something you are born with and there are varying degrees.

This is absolutely not true, and some players have significantly improved their shooting during their professional careers. Generally it takes very consistent practice for extended periods.

Reply #692540 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Camel 31, imagine how good Allen Iverson would have been

Reply #692542 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

...basketball is 10percent ability and 90percent practice....

"https://media.giphy.com/media/8vkEKXvnXkyCZx8w6b/giphy.gif"

Reply #692545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Reply #692546 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

A pedestrian on 57th street sees a musician getting out of a cab and asks
"How do you get to Carnegie Hall ? "
Without pause the artist replies wearily
" Practice . "

Reply #692554 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"We're not even talking about the game!"

Reply #692574 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

530, clearly you did not read (or comprehend) my next paragraph?

My point is everyone has a ceiling, no matter how much they practice. Otherwise they'd all shoot as well as Kobe, Curry, etc.

Reply #692783 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:13 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754