Anonymous
Years ago

Premier League Round 13

PL is back after a weeks break. Some interesting matchups as we head towards the home straight.

Woodville vs Southern
The Tigers have continued their roll & you'd expect it to continue at the Warriors makeshift home. Tigers go cruise unless Osborne goes for 40.

Southern by 11.

North vs West
Will Jordan West return? The Bearcats might be concerned after their big loss to Norwood. North had a nightmare of a weekend and will be looking forward to getting back on track, but it won’t be this week.

West by 6.

Norwood vs Sturt
Rumours are Norwood with a big out but they have been rolling in recent weeks. McGriff looks to be in MVP form with others playing their role. After a brief resurgence Sturt have dropped their bundle again.

Norwood by 19.

Eastern vs Forestville
What surprises do Forestville have in store this week? I don’t think it’ll matter in this one but always fun to see a guy like Rios against his old side.

Forestville by 13.

Centrals vs South
Might be the hardest one to call with both teams form fluctuating wildly. Import play could be the determining factor in this one.

South by 3.

Topic #43485 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Southern will win by 40, but the rest looks spot on.

Reply #692458 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Watch the fireworks at Hillcrest. Interesting spectator in the crowd.

Reply #692487 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OK, I'll bite. Who's the spectator???

Reply #692500 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Get to the game and you'll find out.

Reply #692516 | Report this post

BobnCat  
Years ago

I thought Humphrey was retired years ago?

Reply #692517 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

oooh yes... the spectator.... this will be good...

Reply #692519 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

heard that Ridgeway will be there. will he tangle with the coach again?

Reply #692522 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

OREP!

Reply #692548 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nothing's going to happen, stop hyping it up lol

Reply #692559 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The big questions;

Is Starling playing?
Is Lycett playing?
Is Jordan West playing?
Is Holland playing?
Will Hawkes kick Ridgeway before or after he gets struck by him?

Reply #692599 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

God these commentators on the live stream are woeful

Reply #692631 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes they are.

Forestville Mens embarrassing Mavs: up 67-32 at the half, including a 20-0 run to start the 2nd quarter. 13 three-pointers for the Eagles. Teys had 21pts in the first quarter.

Reply #692635 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Must suck to be at the end of that bench, up 40 and Andy can't put the kids in for a bit of a run

Reply #692637 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Mavs men are pitiful going down by 50! Forestville came to play and Mavs didnt even turn up.
I cant understand the combinations that the coach had on the floor at all.

Reply #692644 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

637 not Andy that made that decision... BSAs doing on that one if you want to look for someone to discuss it with... think about it...

Reply #692647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Basketball SA stops the end of the bench kids playing more than 5 minutes in a 50 point win?

Reply #692649 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How does BSA stop a coach playing his bench? It's not a percentage league it’s a points spread league?

Reply #692651 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Might want to keep up to date with leagues changes champ...

Reply #692654 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Actually clubs decided on the bylaws so maybe blame your club if you're not happy

Still calling BS on that. Know the rules build your team around that.

Reply #692655 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

How about you update us all on the league changes so we can all know what you know

Reply #692656 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The point is Andy is coaching to the bylaws. If you can't understand that, that’s not my fault. Asking him to forfeit a potential position and Home final so you can see a bench player play - not going to happen. He didn’t make the rule, so don’t blame him for not playing kids.

You haven’t kept up to date, I have updated you, you’re welcome.

Reply #692657 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Your detail on the bylaw is outstanding you should work for BSA , you clearly don't understand it or you would post a section of the bylaw to back up your statement instead of random rambles

Fill us in and stop avoiding the question

Reply #692659 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

http://www.basketballsa.com.au/assets/images/general/2018-Premier-League-By-Laws-19-Feb-18.pdf

Here are the bylaws. Which one says anything about playing time you absolute dud of a human

Reply #692660 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It actually doesn't say anything about final ladder positions being decided by head to head point spread or percentage...

Reply #692662 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Forestville played all their players in the end. What bylaw did andy break and how many comp points will they be losing?

Reply #692664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So why are these kids already approaching other clubs to move? Other clubs see the importance of developing the bench players for the future or, touch wood, should injuries occur late in the season. I am thinking the other 9 coaches need to look at the leading edge approach to coaching of Andy!!! Bringing in a player for one desperate double headed weekend just sends the message of no confidence in the remaining player strength.

First it was the Eagles women players deserting the sinking ship - it could soon be the men (if any of them are truly being improved and wanted by other clubs)

Reply #692665 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok played for fitness because his ankle healed quicker than expected.

Women all left because of Monica.

I'd love to know which of the youngsters are leaving the men’s team. There’s only one I wouldn’t be surprised hearing of wanting to leave. First I’d heard of it.

Reply #692666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Majok is a club junior - hardly a ring in. They should be thankful he helped them get to finals which they otherwise may not have.

Reply #692667 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems down Eagles way they are overly sensitive!!

Reply #692668 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Haha if you say so legend

Reply #692669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

That is some of the easiest fishing I have ever seen lol

Reply #692671 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ohhh you were only PRETENDING to be retarded

Reply #692672 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It's bsa’s, Andy and eagles fault mavs are so useless.

Except their amazing import duo

Reply #692678 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bylaws restricting court time, that's a new one

Reply #692683 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anything coming out of Jack Williams choking Jimma Dau in the South v Centrals game? Both ejected... Centrals players coming part way on court during melee...

Reply #692897 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Williams played in Round 14 - so that means nothing was done regarding the report yet.

Reply #693315 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suspended sentence.

Reply #693316 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Nice to know you can put your hands around someone's neck and get away with it and still play...Nice work!

Reply #693350 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Andrew Webber judo flipped one of the Sturt guys and got not even ejected...

Reply #693352 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well Andrew Webber judo flipped one of the Sturt guys and got not even ejected...

Reply #693353 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Precedence been set, in summer do something then and serve suspension before premier league starts. What a joke, something that would get you arrested off the court but nothing happens on it.

Reply #693358 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Correct, any penalty for an indiscretion in PL should have to be served for PL. It's a farce that it's not and a joke of a system.

Reply #693359 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I agree - it should be a suspension of PL games and if the penalty isn't completed by the end of the season then it rolls over till the next season. This will prevent bad behavior if BSA decides to actually deal with players.

Reply #693362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Call it the 'Hawkes Clause'

Reply #693368 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:27 am, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754