shooter
Years ago

Tom Wright NBL?

After watching Spectres v Tigers in SEABL last night, if Tom Wilson is going to get minutes at the Kings then I'm sure Tom Wright could be extremely valuable as a 3rd import to any NBL side. A genuine scorer and a great passer.

Topic #43614 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's had a very good season. Would be one of a large number of players hoping for increased opportunities as the NBL expands.

Reply #696463 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Who else from SEABL would consider themselves a chance?

Sam McDaniel
Kyle Bowen
Lucas Barker
Felix Von Hofe??

Others?

Reply #696466 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shooter. You don't know Tom Wright is Aussie? Man Oh Man

Reply #696467 | Report this post

proud  
Years ago

Sorry to be bitching but why can't when talking of SEABL imports, you include their position otherwise for us not familiar we just see these as names.

Reply #696470 | Report this post

McGavin  
Years ago

Tom Wright is Sydney born and bred. Norths boy through and through ;)

Reply #696502 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Tom was also a Kings development player

Reply #696503 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great guy and a good player for sure.

Reply #696504 | Report this post

shooter  
Years ago

I apologize for the original post. It was certainly meant as a compliment to Tom. I thought he was American and could take an import spot well now I know he is Aussie he definitely could play NBL and be a very valuable player.
He could play the 1 or 2 and is an excellent defender, Why don't some of you NBL coaches get out to SEABL basketball and check out some new talent instead of regurgitating the some ols faces all the time.

Reply #696514 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Suggesting that NBL coaches (and their assistants) aren't aware of what's out there in the SEABL is a bit crazy.

Reply #696632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes you often see NBL coaches and players at SEABL games.

Reply #696639 | Report this post

Ganymede 85  
Years ago

Mou deserves another look. Great shooter.

Reply #696640 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^^^^
Lol, in his thirties and never seen a shot he doesn't like. Maybe five years ago but not anymore.

Reply #696657 | Report this post

Ganymede 85  
Years ago

Tom Wright, one year younger than Mou. Just saying, Relevant in the context of this discussion.

Personally prefer Von Hofe, and although older teams that need shooting could look at Mou and Wright.

Reply #696664 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Great player for sure. Asset to any team

Reply #696696 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not that I have an opinion either way, but any player hoping to get a gig in the NBL would have to be similar or better than other recent SEABL graduates.

Weeks, Adnam, Moller, etc

Looking at Tom's stats I don't get that impression.

Yes, this year is his best year, but he turns 30 this year and has been an NBL development player in the past.

Unfortunately it would appear the boat may have sailed for Tom as it would look like he hasn't shown enough.

Also, I don't think he is a one in the NBL and I don't think he is a good enough shooter as a 2.

Reply #696766 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree with comments. Boat may have sailed. Not a good enough shooter. Adnam and Moller had to do their time on the pine. they had coaches who supported them. Hard to find.

Reply #696860 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Adnam. If he was any good he would still be at United.

Reply #696864 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Hooley, Wilson, Moller all done very well in seabl and Moller and hooley had good roles in nbl last season. Moller started a few games and made nbl team trip to China. Nothing wrong playing seabl to get to nbl..

Reply #696880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Daly has been consistently good for the Pioneers. Three years younger, maybe a chance for a backup pg spot.

Reply #696891 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree - Hooley did well in SEABL last year (& again this year). He was fortunate to get a spot with Daniel Dilllon's injury and he made the most of it, especially towards the end of last season and the finals - playing some important minutes as a role player.

Will be interesting to see how he backs up this year, as well as Moller as Moller looks like he has been ear-marked to get more minutes next season with Tai Wesley moving on.

For me, of the recent SEABL graduates, I'd say Weeks & Moller have played the best in the NBL.

Adnam has to find the right coach and system. He lit it up in one game last year, but seemed to lose the confidence of the coach and was bypassed in preference to Hooley. No doubt Adnam can play, but can he play at the NBL level (Offense & Defense)? For me I don't think he has had enough opportunities.

It is extremely tough to come off the bench and have an impact. Coaches just want role players to 'tread water' whilst the starter gets a rest.

Reply #696900 | Report this post

D4444  
Years ago

Weeks is not a SEABL graduate. He's a Waratah graduate who made it into the NBL & was then offered a SEABL gig.

Reply #697274 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

TWright - must get a start if they expand to Tassie - the guy recently represented Australia and has shown he can come up big in clutch situations. I'd have him as a utility one or two on the bench for any team. Not sure his opportunity with Kings nearly 8 years ago and 1 1/2 minutes of game time was enough for him to show his stuff. Get that man a contract!

Reply #781721 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I would take Weeks over Wright.

Reply #781837 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:40 pm, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754