Anonymous
Years ago

Sixers Imports

Joey has gone to the U.S to look for best import possible for Sixers team,does
he have any names he is targeting for his team.

He's looking for someone to replace Creek ,a swing man type player.
Hope he finds someone from the Summer League

Topic #43636 | Report this topic

Camel 31  
Years ago

jacob wiley mentioned in some circles...

Reply #697139 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What circles????

Reply #697142 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

aw . sportando....liam santamaria ...hoola hoops...

Reply #697143 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What circles????

Reply #697150 | Report this post

Aussiebballer  
Years ago

He played for Dallas in the summer league, interesting player.
Very athletic and versatile defender.

Reply #697152 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think cairns could have the best imports this year? with the possibility of Felix and a great PG Codi Miller Mcintyre

Reply #697169 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You would rate those guys better than Ware and Conger or Prather?

Reply #697170 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Aren't they looking for 2 imports ??

Reply #697201 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

The Motum rumour to Adelaide looks to have died down.

So they probably need a 4 and a 3.
My concern if I was a Sixers fan would be point guard.
In which case Moore, Drmic and Deng could split time there if they get a point guard.

Reply #697209 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

* split time at 3 spot I meant.

Reply #697210 | Report this post

Captain Jack  
Years ago

I want them to get a PG and a PF (dont mind if its a PF/SF ala Chil or a bigger PF/C to play some inside defense like a Ibekwe type)

Id love us to get Trice and Tokoto from last season essentially to rpelace Shorter and Childress and guys like Drmic, Deng, Moore will get the extra minutes and opportunity to step up to replace Creek

Depth chart

C Johnson/Froling
PF Import (Tokoto)/Deng
SF Moore/Drmic/McVeigh
SG Sobey/Teys
PG Import (Trice)/Doyle

I much prefer that and have Moore, Drmic, Deng and possibly import play SF by committee than have Sobey and Moore play all the PG minutes

Reply #697212 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

With your lack of three point shooting already why would you want Tokoto..

Reply #697216 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anon - because Johnson/Deng/Drimic/Moore/Teys and at a stretch Doyle all cant shoot a 3 ball.....

Reply #697229 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

^Please note the above is meant to be sarcasm!

Reply #697230 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Moore will be back up PG for the second unit

I would like to see

Import PG that can shoot (Trice/Holt type player)/Moore/Doyle
Sobey/Teys
Drmic/McVeigh
Wiley/Deng
Johnson/Froling

Deng & Moore can cover the 3 too

Reply #697235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

It may be sarcasm but Sixers struggled hugely with the threeball last season despite the personnel.

Reply #697259 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Completely agree with the 3 ball comment. They definitely struggled with their lack of shooting to spread the floor though.

Tokoto and Cooke made it tough for the same reason.

I hope 36ers find an import with a bit of range.

Reply #697268 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Agree at least one of these imports needs to be a knock down shooter

Reply #697276 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Should sign Roger "Knock Down Shooter" Pogoy

Reply #697278 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Several twitter articles are that the Sixers are pretty close to signing DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell

Reply #697279 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

It's a bit of a weird line-up, especially if we assume that Teys will be re-signed.
I can't see Joey going without a bona-fide PG, even with the likes of Moore, Sobey and Doyle to support. Wait and see I suppose, but wouldn't be surprised to see him use an import slot on a PG.

If that only leaves him one slot for a Forward, interesting choice between a 3 & 4. Who can he rely on more a starter between Drmic and Deng?

Reply #697297 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"Completely agree with the 3 ball comment. They definitely struggled with their lack of shooting to spread the floor though. "

This may be true, but how much scope does he have to remedy this with the remaining two import slots? He already has plenty of 2's and 2/3 types.
If Sobey, Moore, Doyle, Teys, Drmic and McVeigh can't manage a few 3's between them, then you need to ask why they're all on the team.

Reply #697300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Purcell looks like he can pass the ball. Assuming he'll play the shorter role (who wasn’t a true pg) Purcell looks like an upgrade. I think with joey switching everything on defence he will go with a bigger gaurd.
Wiley’s the one for me good size, great athleticism, if needed can shot the 3, looks good in the post and rebounds/shot blocker.
Where are these article re Purcell?

Reply #697313 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Casper Ware looked like a complete dud at summer league. Not sure Melb will go there for this season.

Joey will pull a rabbit out of his hat. For 10 weeks it will be the wrong choice. Come finals time Joey will be looking like a legend

Reply #697335 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sounds like Ware is a certainty for Melbourne, who probably know exactly how good he is.

Reply #697336 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

"Assuming he'll play the Shorter role (who wasn't a true pg"
Seems common enough that if you sign a high-value import as PG, you also want some scoring. From recent memory Joey seems to follow that train.

With that in mind, is there any chance that Moore runs point? Or is he strictly a shooter? Never saw enough of him to comment.

"Joey will pull a rabbit out of his hat"
Indeed, Joey always seems to assemble a workable squad, within whatever constraints he has.

Reply #697342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Oops ignore the "though" at the end of spread the floor.
Yeah I get what you are saying, Drmic and Deng and Sobey can get hot. They might have enough if they can be consistent.

Looking forward to how it all unfold anyway! Some were saying Childress might be coming in after the season begins, any word on that? Although I give his durability 1/10 so it might be too high risk.

Reply #697349 | Report this post

Pete  
Years ago

Robert Rose.

100%

Reply #697365 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

Jacob Wiley to the 6ers. He is following them on twitter going with reports makes sense.

Reply #697523 | Report this post

Tornado  
Years ago

Can we please get Jacob Wiley and DeVaughn Akoon-Purcell.

Reply #697553 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

Can that Wiley shoot at all? all his clips are dunks and little running hooks from the post.

Reply #697562 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMcLLIC0rHY

Wiley's draft express

Reply #697893 | Report this post

Beantown  
Years ago

Joshuapending, I haven't seen any sign of a jumpshot, but he can shoot free throws (82%) so that would at least make him playable at the end of games! He's got elite athleticism and a 7' wingspan (apparently similar but better measurements than Thad Young) so if he can genuinely rebound, defend and block shots at NBL level then he could be a good fit next to the Sixers stretch bigs.

Reply #697903 | Report this post

john  
Years ago

Really hoping we can get Trice.

I think Drmic is in for a breakout year. He didnt get a good extended run at it last year.

We need another big though.

It doesnt look like Childress will be returning but you never know.

Liam Santamaria said in Twitter we have made inquiries on Josh Adams also.

Reply #698004 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Shorter was ok. But often lost the plot down the stretch when he would play hero ball and unfortunately his handle or shot is not good enough to justify that sort of play.

I'm fine with not bringing him back but i think we certainly need a scoring PG.

Reply #698306 | Report this post

John  
Years ago

We dont need Wiley to shoot.

We have Deng and DJ as our bigs that can stretch the floor.

We need our interior big man to be able to rebound, protect the rim, defend and run the floor. All of which Hodgson was not particularly good at.

Reply #698307 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:05 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754