Anonymous
Years ago

Boti's Article on the Fellas

Great article - right on the money.

Topic #4382 | Report this topic

In the Know  
Years ago

I agree, there needed to be a compromise with using the fella name and keeping the lightning name.

Reply #50908 | Report this post

skittles  
Years ago

+1 from me too.

Reply #50910 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I also agree, however if you are the one spending the money, you are the one who makes the decision.

Reply #50911 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

thats crap EC - management should have stood firm -Fellas Adelaide Lightning - you dont see the sixers being called the Adelaide Pura Milks do u...

Reply #50912 | Report this post

egalitarian  
Years ago

By causing this controversy, Fellas has already got great bang for their buck even before the season begins.

If they agree to give back the Lightning name they will get even more free exposure to the media, which would be the smart thing to do.

Reply #50914 | Report this post

skittles  
Years ago

is it positive exposure tho? i will not go to a fellas store after hearing that they refused sponsorship if the lightning name stayed aroudn.

Reply #50917 | Report this post

SA Confidential  
Years ago

Thats crap skittles, where else are you going to buy a novelty apron with boobs on the front.

Reply #50920 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

"The Gents" very nice Wayville name.
cracked me up.

Reply #50921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The classic in the whole thing is sixers management writing a letter to BOti asking him to call the team the Fellas, with the letter on Lightning letterhead! Hilarious.

Reply #50923 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

Typical BASA mis-management that one with the letterhead. Just when you think they can't get worse, they pull out the big guns.

Maybe that's what the rise in junior admission fees is for...new letterhead!

Reply #50942 | Report this post

And I love it that the CEO doesn't even know where the name "Lightning" came from!

And I do like the apron with boobs on it too!

Reply #50965 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:58 pm, Tue 23 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754