Anonymous
Years ago

NBL Refs get sponsored and new Green uniforms

Refs get Europcar s their main sponsor and green ref tops! In Europcar green.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/basketball/newlook-nbl-referees-to-ensure-bigmen-including-andrew-bogut-can-go-to-work-this-season/news-story/f04237c69ca6878769e6dc28e07f7637

Topic #43870 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Looks atrocious and almost makes the new United jerseys look good in comparison.

Reply #703846 | Report this post

PlaymakerMo  
Years ago

They look pretty inoffensive to me at first glance - who cares if they look 'good' anyway? It's about generating extra revenue for the league.

Reply #703847 | Report this post

Greenie  
Years ago

Green shirts - isnt that what the beginners wear, probably explains everything

Reply #703851 | Report this post

The bear  
Years ago

You are correct, newcomers in most sports wear green,but,it's all about the almighty dollar

Reply #703853 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Aylen gonna be running around looking like the elusive green M&M

Reply #703863 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I think it looks fine as it's basically the Townsville Crocs green and there is nobody with green in their colour scheme so we should all be able to identify them on court and that serves a purpose I guess.

I really hope that the referees have their version of a bloody good season this year... they haven't made a single bad decision during the 2018/19 NBL season so I'll give them the benefit of the doubt right now.

Reply #703885 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Who else remembers NBL refs being sponsored to wear green in the 80s.

They entered the court to "It's not easy being green".

Reply #703887 | Report this post

Proud  
Years ago

I'd love to have referees being introduced this season to that, could add to the spectacle for sure

Reply #704011 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Going by the photo with the article, it looks fine to me. Good sponsorship opportunity and lessens risk of confusion with other uniforms.

Reply #704020 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:43 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754