Isaac
Years ago

NBL Pre-Season: Hawks vs 36ers

Any info from the game? Boti had a scoreline and a bit more on his site but no scorers, etc.

Adelaide tonight saw off Illawarra 99-81 in an NBL preseason game in Canberra.
36ers don't have player stats on social media, that I can see.

Edit: Hawks on Twitter -
Stats leaders for the Hawks
Rebounds: @BrianConklin14 - 11
Assists: @CedJackson9 - 6

Topic #43884 | Report this topic

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jett-Cedric-Conklin going to be legit despite all the haters on here!

Reply #704227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seriously? Hawks lose to a side thats tipped to be bottom. Hardly encouraging for the Hawks.

Reply #704228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well yeah the rest of the squad suck.

Reply #704231 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Replays??

Reply #704246 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Replays on Hawks' facebook.

Reply #704249 | Report this post

TarHawk  
Years ago

I went to the game but was distracted by other obligations. As a result, unfortunately I can't give much detailed insight. Some random points:

Adelaide were without Sobey, Drmic and Johnson on Aus duties. Illawarra without Blanchfield on the same. Ogilvey warmed but didn't play.

It was a messy game with effective teamwork and touch around the basket lacking, as is to be expected in pre-season. It was a game of momentum, with Illawarra taking the early lead followed by Adelaide getting up roughly 54-34 around half time. Illawarra then came back to roughly 54-51 but Adelaide pulled it back to about 20 and maintained the 15-20 point lead.

For Adelaide, Wiley was explosive with some big rebounds and at least one nice dunk. Deleon was obviously focussed on running the point much of the game but did hit a three and open up a little more later in the game. There was an on-court shouting match between Larkins and Moore following the former waving off the latter on a play at the top of the key, resulting in a turnover and fast break points to the Hawks.

For Illawarra, Andersen logged solid minutes and got in the right spots, however his fade away was not hitting reliably. Conklin was impressive in spite of missing a few layups he should have made. Jett was probably marginally the more solid of he and Jackson - in game and stature.

That's all i've got, i'm afraid. I won't be reading too much into the game or it's implications on the season proper, though it is clear that Illawarra will be playing a different, more inside-focussed style of game than we're accustomed to this season.

Reply #704256 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thanks TarHawk.

Reply #704301 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Wiley: 22p/2r/1s/1a
Moore: 21p/2r/3a
DeLeon: 16p/3r/7a/3s
McVeigh: 10p/12r/3a/2s
Teys: 10p/4r/2a
Froling: 6p/5r
Deng: 6p/8r/1a
Doyle: 6p/2r/2a/1s
Larkins: 2p/1a
Thomas: 3r/1a

Reply #704350 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:02 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754