Isaac
Years ago

Taipans extend deal with naming rights sponsor CQUniversity

The CQUniversity Cairns Taipans are pleased to announce that the naming rights sponsorship from the tertiary institution will continue for at least another five years, with CQUniversity re-signing as the major partner of the Far North Queensland club.

"It gives me great pride to announce that CQUniversity will continue on as the naming rights sponsor of the Cairns Taipans for a further five years," CQUniversity Vice-Chancellor Professor Scott Bowman said.

“Our relationship with the Taipans began over six years ago when CQUni became naming rights partner of the Taipans Academy. When in 2014 the opportunity came about to become the naming right sponsors of the national basketball club, we proudly took it on,” he said.
Full story

Topic #43891 | Report this topic

Smith  
Years ago

Great news. Just waiting for dick head to chime in....

Reply #704429 | Report this post

NBL Fan  
Years ago

Likely secures their future in the NBL for the next 5 years. Great work Taipans.

Reply #704441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where is þe far north's James Cook University's local spirit at? CQ from way down south and a Rockhampton headquartered uni steps up while the local one wouldn't.

Reply #704443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

the*

Reply #704444 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5 years is a massive deal. Well done Cairns

Reply #704445 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

jcu is a basket case (and also based largely down in Townsville).
I've had a lot to do with them over the past ten yeaars through work and I'm constantly surprised how they constantly manage to plumb new depths of bureaucracy, stupidity and short-sightedness. they could have picked up the taipans sponsorship anytime they liked over the last 20 years but never even considered it.

there aren't many business leaders I think highly of but Scott bowman is a bona-fide genius and genuine force for good. he'll be missed we he goes.

Reply #704456 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Thanks for the explanation. Anything out of T'ville seems useless.

Reply #704465 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

JCU for the god chasing crazy is Jesus Christ's University. They don’t need to advertise that much, they have the lord providing their way.

I like the Cairns open and transparent way of advertising. It is a lot better than the unofficial sponsorship from Flinders during the sos days.

Reply #704471 | Report this post

Lincoln  
Years ago

CQU has a Cairns Campus and a Townsville Campus

Reply #704545 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

And your point is?

Reply #704555 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

they also have a Mackay, rockhampton and Melbourne campus. loads actually.

Reply #704568 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Excellent work by the taipans , great news.

Reply #704571 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Where's the broker of love? Need some negativity in this thread.

Reply #704597 | Report this post

Smith  
Years ago

The dick head is posting under anons. Just when you think he couldn't sink lower than beneath shit, BAM there he is.

Reply #704608 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

I've been to a short course at Uni of New England in Sydney.
Charles Sturt Uni has a campus at Gold Coast airport.
I saw Flinders Uni at Noarlung Centre in Adelaide today.
Griffith are in KL I think.

They all seem to be scrambling for market share away from their traditional geographical bases. Easy enough to do with online learning and FIFO teaching staff.

I worked from home for 2 of my Masters, without any slavery involved.
Aside from wage slavery of course.

Reply #704907 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:34 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754