Anonymous
Years ago

U15 Oceania tournament coaches announced.

http://australia.basketball/head-coaches-announced-for-under-15-oceania-championships/

Good choices imo.

This tournament is for qualification into next years 2019 u16 Asia. A top 4 finish in Asia gets you into the 2020 u17 World Cup.

Topic #43899 | Report this topic

Anon  
Years ago

Have we entered under 15's before? what year of birth would these kids be and where would they be picked from? U16 nationals?

Reply #704611 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Boys team will be tough to choose.

Reply #704612 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

03 and 04 athletes.

Reply #704613 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Players from this camp will most likely make up the bulk of the teams.

http://australia.basketball/athletes-selected-for-2018-australian-development-camp/

Reply #704614 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Ah excellent. Should be a talented SA girl in that lot i think.

Reply #704616 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Only 1 bottom age sa girl made camp.

Reply #704619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There weren't many, if any, SA girls that stood out at Nationals and that was reflected in the lack of invites to camp. Victoria, New South Wales and Queensland will have good representation.

Reply #704632 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I'd say vic will have 5, qld will have 4, 2 nsw, 1 tas in girls.

Reply #704635 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Yes I'm referring to that bottom age SA girl, she’s incredibly talented and my bets on she’ll make the team.

Reply #704638 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What position does she play?

Reply #704639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think the best U15 boys with a chance to make this team are not there but this seems to be typical for kids out of SA. They seem to sneak under the radar with some poor talent ID going on out of the region, then suddenly they make it when they are older.

Reply #704642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think we will see quite a few sa boys in the chosen side.
1, maybe 2 from sa metro and 1-2 from country.

Mainly vics again, a couple from nsw and qld and a tasmanian.

Reply #704644 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

There will not be any SA boys in this side because the best ones didn't get invited to the ADC camp, don't get me started on why.

The SA girl plays point guard usually and is about 5"10. she can take it to the hoops, is incredibly athletic with big jumps, can shoot the 3, rebound and defend, is quick and has a very big wing span.

With excellent coaching she will go a long way. Have been watching her since under 12's.

Reply #704797 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

5'10 really?
She lists at 5'5.

Some of the SA boys were at the camp before this. Maybe they still have a shot.

Reply #704799 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

THe 2 mostly likely, one from down South did not even make the state team, the other made it but was robbed from AusCamp. These 2 are mostly likely to make an Aust team out of all of them from the age group. However, the talent ID and player development function in SA seems to be non-existent, left to the clubs to deliver these outcomes.

Reply #704843 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

A look at current results and leaders in stats in SA might change some ideas in what makes a good state player and team. Check it out. A few surprises of late.

Reply #704958 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

There is a change in selectors in SA now and its not the development manager

Reply #704959 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Local stats mean nothing , easy to pad stats against weak teams in 100 pt victories. Go and look at Nationals stats and have a look at who performed well against the best talent in the country. But even then stats can be misleading how can you know what role some young athletes are asked to play at the top level for best team result.
Athletes who have attended the previous 2 ADC camps will make the 15's as well as from the current camp

Reply #704969 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

I can assure you the Forestville guard who i slate as making the team is not 5"5, very old height stat. she'd be 5'9 at shortest.

She is pure athletic talent and if she sets her mind to this sport only, will go far.

Reply #705145 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

They sure don't put any effort into those team lists you get at ajcs.
Always seem to be way off. a girl was listed at 160cm and she ended being the tallest on the team at 6'3 190cm.

Reply #705155 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:22 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754