Who will it be?

Topic #43908 | Report this topic

NBL Fan  
Years ago

David Wear

Reply #704812 | Report this post

Fryz  
Years ago

I second David Wear. Probably to make room for Mitch Creek.

Reply #704816 | Report this post

TimberBall  
Years ago

After watching his first game I'm not a fan of Terricko White, guy can score but doesn't pass, rebound, or defend in any meaningful way. Unless that improves I think he may go.

Reply #704817 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Wear is a possibility but White is my pick to go first.

Reply #704820 | Report this post

Andrew  
Years ago

White averaged 19.9 pts, 5.3 rebounds & 2.5 assists per game in his last G League season

Reply #704830 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

I think Wear is odds on favourite

Those saying White probably need to give the guy a couple of games to settle into his role in a competitive environment.

It was his first game and prob working out his role on the team. He wouldnt be the first Wildcats import to be predicted to leave prior to even playing a month of the season. Notable standouts on this list are Lisch, Beal. I think the only imports in recent era to impress from day one are Ennis and Cotton.

I guess it depends on how much they are paying him as to whether he is meeting expectation. Cooke Jnr lasted the whole season, albeit a more budget import.

Reply #704831 | Report this post

Zig  
Years ago

Haven't NZ already done one?
Or does "left for personal reasons" and immediately replaced by somebody who just happened to be available, not count as sacked?

In regards to White, Perth look to that slot to produce offensively, so he may be trying to get that locked down first.

Reply #704837 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Trimble was horrible, poor shot selection can't pass or defend.

Reply #704840 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Terrico White could or could not be the first on the plane.

Wildcats want a 3, White is a 2 with NBL 3 Size, but is lacking some SF traits like rebounding.

Wildcats have again chosen someone to play out of position, they haven't learned from the DeAndre Daniels episode.

I think he is not suitable but the reason I say could not be the first is because the Wildcats have also shown a reluctance to get rid of someone not suitable (despite their JJ --> Ingram --> JJ --> Botton infamy). The refuse to get rid of DD and then Cooke last year.

Reply #704841 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

The Breakers released Jerrelle Benimon before he had even left the US.

Reply #704851 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

Wear 1st. White at least can hit a jumpshot.

Reply #704869 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Wear for me.

Perth would bring in a 3rd Import before cutting White.

Reply #704871 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

https://basketball.realgm.com/player/David-Wear/Summary/2207

139 games for Wear in the past 3 years overseas, best season was 7.7/4.5. Should never have been signed. I said after night 1 in Terrigal that he was not going to make the opening week, and he won't.

They probably need to give all his minutes to Bowen for the moment, that guy looks great. Pineau is a scrapper and will see his share too.

A Greg Whittington type would be fine for a replacement. Wear is a poor mans Blanchfield from 16=17, and all Kings fans hated his game.

Reply #704880 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think its harsh attacking Gaze when you have a guy like JVG that cannot recruit. The guy doesn't know basketball. Michael Bryson, Jeremy Tyler, Steve Blake, Josh Powell, Travis Leslie and now David Wear. Why the hell would you sign Kickert after Wear when they both play the exact style. Sydney need to shuffle up the front office cause this guy doesn't have a clue!

Reply #704881 | Report this post

AngusH  
Years ago

I think Wear would be OK as 3rd import for a handful of teams, but agree he's a strange selection in Sydney. I don't think he's as similar to Kickert as I expected - not nearly the offensive player Kickert is, and I'm yet to be convinced he's a shooter - and he also has a slightly higher motor than Kickert from what I've seen so far. Just doesn't fill any specific need though, and I would have preferred someone like the bigs the Hawks have brought in the past couple of years off the bench if we are going with a role player.

Not sure he'll be the first import sacked though. More likely he's sacked if the Kings sputter out of the gates.

Reply #704883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bowen very good offence, not that good on defence.
JVG as well as a poor recruiting let three very good Sydney guys go to other clubs. Naar, Jurlina and Moller.

Reply #704884 | Report this post

Shayno  
Years ago

Holt then gee or deelon

Reply #704885 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Anyone saying Gee is an idiot. Wear or Deleon. But seeing as Deleon is one of "Joey's boys", it's not gonna be him. So it should really be Wear, who has been useless in every game he's played so far.

Too early to call Terrico White, who has only played one preseason game. Too early on Melo Trimble as well. But when it comes to Wear he's had a whole preseason under his belt and has stunk it up in every game. I'm not even convinced that he is better than a Cody Ellis tbh.

Reply #704887 | Report this post

mystro  
Years ago

Joey doesn't have the stones to pull the trigger on one of his dud's, plus he'll be too busy whinging about the refs

Reply #704888 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"I think its harsh attacking Gaze when you have a guy like JVG that cannot recruit."

WTF?

He's landed Bogut, Lisch, Newley, Randle, etc. Plus the leagues first and only "next star"
Biggest blot on his record is recruiting Gaze as coach.

Reply #704897 | Report this post

J  
Years ago

White looked good today

Reply #704913 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

"He's landed Bogut, Lisch, Newley, Randle, etc. Plus the leagues first and only "next star"
Biggest blot on his record is recruiting Gaze as coach."

Gaze is a dud, I agree. Can talk, but can't coach. Today when Deng Deng was on fire, and scored 11 points in a row, bringing the Kings back within 5 of Adelaide, he decides to substitute him with Wear who was at the time 1/7, then wonder why the Kings lose.

We're talking about Jeff Wrong Again's ability to recruit imports. Aussie recruits have been good - Bogut, Lisch, Newley and Kicket. Randle only came in at the request of Lisch, when he was injured.

JVG's record of imports are all duds: Michael Bryson, Jeremy Tyler, Steve Blake, Josh Powell, Travis Leslie and now David Wear.

Lisch on $300kpa has been injured for 2 seasons, and in Thursday's game missed 3 layups, and throwing up bricks on Thursday, and today 0-4 until the 4th quarter.

Reply #704922 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

JvG and the Violet Crumbles are a match made in heaven.

Lister brought in JvG after what he did with the Bullet$. However back then JvG recruited locals while Joey recruited the imports. This isn't happening with the Kings so he is being found out big time.

Reply #704924 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

None of the 36'ers imports are at risk of being sacked . All contributing well during the Blitz.
Based on todays game nobody will miss any of Sydney's imports if they left. Instead excellent contributions from Deng Deng and T Wilson

Reply #704932 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Jordair Jett

Reply #704934 | Report this post

A  
Years ago

I had real concerns when I heard that they had signed Deleon(never thought that he wasn't a good player just a bad fit) but after watching a few games and having talked to a few within the organisation, I believe he might be the suprise signing of the year. Super high energy player and much wiser now, and also a great price tag for the ownership.

Reply #704939 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut.

Reply #704941 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"He's landed Bogut, Lisch, Newley, Randle, etc. Plus the leagues first and only "next star"

LOL you think JVG was so amazing that he got them there? I think you'll find the Kings bank account did that for him. he is useless!!

Reply #704947 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Media reported that Harvey Lister convinced Bogut to sign with the Kings. Nothing to do with JvG.

Reply #704950 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Alonzo Gee

No lift, minimal effort and looks out of shape.

Reply #704956 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bogut for an NBA player right now is crap. Lister shouldn't be interfering with player selection either. Let JVG get it wrong and then sack him. Another wasted Kings season.
Gaze will be gone at seasons end he has always said he will never quit. So next season please let's get it right. JVG gone too.

Reply #704957 | Report this post

Mock  
Years ago

White has been underwhelming and needs to show something soon. But yes he does have a JUMPSUIT that's one thing going for him

Reply #704961 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sydney need more athleticism from their import to compliment kickert and bogut. A Whittington type player would be better than Wear. Newley is looking good so far.

Was sceptical on Jackson and Jett together but both look decent especially Jett.

Reply #704968 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

If David Wear is on the plane to Hawaii the kings should be worried. He is horrible, Dane Pineau is even a better player than him.

Reply #704991 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Dane Pineau was terrible in seabl and worse in the NBL. HIs dad loves him however.

Reply #705005 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

Dane pineau isnt better than anyone.

Reply #705070 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Bryce Cotton

Reply #705111 | Report this post

WookieE  
Years ago

In the Kings final Blitz game, Wear got out played by pretty much every other player, including Acuoth, who took a really back knock... In a game that he should have been taking a leadership role and leading by example, he failed... Agreed he should never have been signed in the first place, and if the Kings persist, that's another strike against them...

Reply #705118 | Report this post

ME  
Years ago

Yeah, get David Wear out of the there. The guy is getting outplayed by rookies and development players.

Reply #705121 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Classic JvG. Love it!

Reply #705125 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Alonzo Gee would have to be a candidate. Brisbane are relying on their import SF to be a big factor and he doesn't look all that fit.

Reply #705133 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Definitely Bryce Cotton

Reply #705219 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

@wookie couldnt agree more. I believe his deal was a 2 year day (2nd year team option) JVG really thought he got a good one LMAO

Reply #705225 | Report this post

Benno  
Years ago

deal*

Reply #705226 | Report this post

Chris  
Years ago

This is how the in-house Kings staff wrote up the final game of the blitz -

"David Wear had eight points, seven rebounds and three assists but he did struggle defensively in the post while also just shooting 3/12 from the field and 0/4 from deep."

He's gone, just a matter of when.

Reply #705227 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:49 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754