Skyhook
Years ago

Threads that wont die !!

I always have a chuckle when i see the " what ever happened to Harold Miner? " thread popping up .
Just goes to show how powerful todays search engines are- i found this forum several months ago by typing in a ballers name into Google.

Is there a topic/thread you can think of that keeps rearing its ugly head months after the discussion has seemingly closed ?

or

What are people's favourite "old" threads and why ?

Isaac - do you have a favourite?
I remember you having a "tussle" with some tool from interstate who was trashing SA basketball and then admitted to not even following the sport !!

Topic #4405 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

The Livestrong thread and the U18 Div 2 thread are the pinnacle. Every time I get an alert that someone's posted in those two, I think "They're STILL going?!?!". I hope next year's U18 Div 2s start a new topic!

The posters in the Harold thread are mostly Americans finding it via searches. Livestrong people come from all over the planet.

The Taipans/Sixers thread on Ozhoops is at 456 replies and 8790 reads right now. Getting notified of a reply to that one every time is getting a bit tedious!

Reply #51143 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

And here I was thinking that skyhook was going to tell us about his lucky red undies he has worn ever since he played Under 10's for Kurralta Park Primary :)

Reply #51203 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Skyhook, see you on Saturday for The Party of the Year. I hope you have Monday off work!

Reply #51223 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Sorry to disappoint Yogee, but i dont even know where Kurralta park is !!

the doctor - yes i will be there!! Might even try a pair of red jocks to make Yogee feel special.

Reply #51227 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What about the Academy thread a couple of weeks ago, where Anon #49299 shut down everyone in his / her path. Sorry Julius, you got toasted IMO.

Reply #51237 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Skyhook you back in SA?

Reply #51274 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

DJ

I am still here - ??
Maybe you think i am someone you know ? I havent left SA for a while now.

Reply #51280 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Hmm ok... *DJ returns to his bottle of beam* %-/

Reply #51456 | Report this post

pickles housemate  
Years ago

Threads that won't die... the frickin one about music at ABL games! Here is matt Ryan's list just in case you've been in B.F. Idaho, or a coma:

"The Best" - Tina Turner
"All Fired Up" - Pat Benetar
"No Second Prize" - Jimmy Barnes
"Born To Be Wild" - Steppenwolf
"Wild Thing" - The Troggs
"More Than A Game" - Chris Doheny
"Playing To Win" - Little River Band
"Eye Of The Tiger" - Survivor
"Final Countdown" - Europe
"Jump" - Van Halen
"Call On Me" - Eric Prydz
"Old Time Rock N Roll" - Bob Seger
"All The Small Things" - Blink 182
"Living On A Prayer" - Bon Jovi
"Danger Zone" - Kenny Loggins
"Playing With The Boys" - Kenny Loggins
"My Sharona" - The Knack
"Mickey" - Toni Basil
"Sweet Home Alabama" - Lynyrd Skynyrd
"Blister In The Sun" - Violent Femmes
"Paranoid" - Black Sabbath
"Bad To The Bone" - George Thorogood
"Are You Gonna Go My Way" - Lenny Kravitz
"Are You Gonna Be My Girl" - Jet
"Holy Grail" - Hunters & Collectors
"Ballroom Blitz" - The Sweet
"Love Shack" - B52s

(sorry guys, couldn't resist!)

Reply #51557 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:14 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754