Isaac
Years ago

United request review of Drmic-Goulding incident

The NBL Game Review Panel is reviewing the incident that occurred between Anthony Drmic and Chris Goulding, following a request from Melbourne United.

Drmic's elbow caught Goulding during the final term of the Sixers' loss to United in Melbourne on Sunday afternoon.

The Adelaide 36ers will have 24 hours to respond to the Game Review Panel. Following the submission, the NBL will then have 48 hours to deliberate.
Source

Topic #44112 | Report this topic

rjd  
Years ago

If FIBA was responsible for the review, Goulding would get a one game suspension.

Reply #710331 | Report this post

Camel 31  
Years ago

One TV angle where you caint see the ball .... it doesnt look good ...
but other angle when you see the ball .... it looks accidental....

Reply #710336 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yes watched every angel that was shown in slow motion, Drimic never looked at Goulding, if was done intentionally he surely covered it up well. Move on nothing to see here.

Reply #710343 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Footage or timestamp?

Reply #710347 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I was at the game and rewatched at home, looks accidental to me, just an unfortunate incident

Reply #710349 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Why are Utd being such dobbers?

Reply #710352 | Report this post

FM  
Years ago

Prather and Wesley deliberately headbutted Sobey and got nothing.

Drmic accidentally collects Goulding whilst trying to pass the ball, expect him to get a couple of weeks.

Ignore the grabbing of Drmics arm prior to him gathering the ball, nothing to see there Melbourne.

Remember that game when Golding flopped and the replay showed a 30cm gap, somehow Vaughan Victoria reliably could see the non contact and called a USF on Drmic.

Anyone else, including the Centrals under 10's would have got up after that elbow.

Reply #710353 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Is it April fools day already???

I thought it was funny that the crowd were booing what's clearly an accidental contact. Given United’s BS request, maybe there’s something in the water in Victoria???

Reply #710356 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Prather and Wesley deliberately headbutted Sobey and got nothing. "

They both got one game sentences, downgraded to a $1000 fine with an early guilty plea.

Why dont you wait until there is or isn't a penalty before you start with the hysteria.

Reply #710362 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Suxers fans.. they're a whole other breed.

Lucky Teys wasn't on the court.. Oh wait, no DPs were in the game, right?

Reply #710367 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The amazing ability Adelaide fans have of deflecting blame for everything must come after years of drinking Boti's kool-aid

Reply #710371 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So United obviously believe it was intentional!? Really guys? Surely you don't send a review request in for that, particularly with all the history and the bungled backcourt call.

Reply #710380 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Certainly as mentioned earlier the 2 different cameras angles show "accident" and the other one "deliberate". Drimic is a feisty player just ask his Rangers team mates.

Reply #710382 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

United also demanded charges against Gary Ervin for bruising Goulding's testicles.

Funny how Goulding is amongst all this type of nonsense on a regular basis

Reply #710386 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

I'll be honest even as an Adelaide fan I thought it looked intentional. Drmic is a feisty and emotional player and Goulding is probably the post punchable bloke in the league who could blame him getting a free shot in? All I thought at the time was Drmic disguised it well enough to plead ignorance.

Reply #710387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Apparently Rondo didn't spit at CP3 either. Take it as you will

Reply #710388 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"United also demanded charges against Gary Ervin for bruising Goulding's testicles. “

As they should. Ervin committed a dog act....but Adelaide fans blame everyone else!

Reply #710390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Funny how Goulding is amongst all this type of nonsense on a regular basis"

Funny how its always Adelaide in the mix too

Reply #710391 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Funny how its always Adelaide in the mix too"
What about the Filipinos going crazy?

Reply #710401 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

United also demanded charges against Gary Ervin for bruising Goulding's testicles.

I find this comment quite baffling given Goulding was playing for the Melbourne Tigers at the time and United didn't exist.

Reply #710407 | Report this post

LoveBroker  
Years ago

Surely you don't send a review request in for that, particularly with all the history and the bungled backcourt call.

Are you suggesting a missed backcourt violation should also excuse Drmic's act?

Reply #710408 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Both Drmic and Goulding have track records of being annoying. That doesn't mean there's anything in this particular play, United are wasting everyone's time

Reply #710437 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Conklin should be used as precedent

Reply #710440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Are you suggesting a missed backcourt violation should also excuse Drmic's act?"

No, but the fact it's Goulding should.

Reply #710441 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not sure if serious.

Reply #710444 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

It was accidental, but still careless contact to the head.

If this was AFL, he'd get 2 weeks.

It's NBL, so he'll get off.

Reply #710446 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

"If FIBA was responsible for the review, Goulding would get a one game suspension."

Hahahahaha!!!!

Reply #710447 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

He should get off LV, there was no intent in it. The AFL tribunal system is horrible, I certainly hope the NBL doesn't try to emulate it!

Reply #710448 | Report this post

LV  
Years ago

I agree Paul, just pointing out the difference between the two sports.

Actually, he'd probably get 1 week in AFL since Goulding wasn't concussed, and returned to the court.

Protecting the ball is a natural basketball movement, and he didn't seem to line Goulding up. I'm not really fussed whether he gets a game or not.

Reply #710451 | Report this post

paul  
Years ago

Fair enough.

Reply #710457 | Report this post

Jumpshot  
Years ago

Suprise, suprise. Another incident with CG floppy 3. How is that possible?

Reply #710464 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I think its Adelaide that is the common denominator in these ugly incidents.

Reply #710478 | Report this post

swish  
Years ago

Did Randle cop an accidental elbow to the head against NZ on Sunday Or did he do a major flop? Is that incident being reviewed?

Reply #710499 | Report this post

AD  
Years ago

Didn't see the game.

What happens when Sobey and Goulding get near each other? Do they each fly backwards off opposite sides of the court?

Reply #710515 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The best explanation of what happened is that he was ripping the ball away from an incoming McCarron. I'd be staggered/disappointed if it went further.

Reply #710521 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Nothing further. Contact ruled as incidental by the NBL.

New thread

Reply #710525 | Report this post

jumpshot  
Years ago

"What happens when Sobey and Goulding get near each other? Do they each fly backwards off opposite sides of the court?"

Matter meets anti-matter.

Reply #710599 | Report this post

sixtiesrockstar  
Years ago

an actual incident where Flopper Goulding didn't require any acting yet still managed to carry on well after the incident. Ah, good ol Flopper. Never fails to get the attention.

Reply #710692 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:03 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754