Stacey King
Years ago

Paul Rees

Now that the stats for the Cairns game are up I can't help but note that Paul Rees has only grabbed one rebound in 47 minutes so far this season! That's only one more than Nick Hambour who hasn't played a second.

Friday's game against the Kings would be a good time for Rees to collect a DNP-CD. Their big guys will be dunking all over him and standing on his shoulders!

Topic #4412 | Report this topic

AJ  
Years ago

Nothing to do with Paul Rees but Stephen Black will have a DNP as he has ruled him self out for fridays game.

Reply #51275 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Perhaps they should give Hambour some minutes. He will be eager enough and I'm not sure how he is at training or pre season this year - but pre season last year he did a decent job vs Bradtke (ok Bradtke probably wasnt giving 100% where I'm sure Hambour was at the time)

Reply #51288 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

and he has comitted 9 fouls to go along with that one rebound. in a way its good to throw your body around but only if you do something else during the game.

Reply #51289 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Listen, the poor guy has never been able to play or even understand the game. Picking on him is like laughing at a dressed up, dancing monkey. He's got no idea whats going on except that he is to chase the orange ball, so leave him alone.

Reply #51300 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Anonymous.....4 Titles me thinks your a numbnuts

Reply #51312 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I think you can find criticisms of him now, but to say that he's never been able to play is a bit of a troll. He's had a serviceable career.

Reply #51331 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I disagree. If Rees is blocking out the other teams centre and only concentrating on that then he is doing his job and allowing the more athletic guys (rychart) to rebound the ball.

IMO hes doing his job well, keeping the other big thugs off contesting the Holmes Rychart Rebounding show

Reply #51335 | Report this post

Sir Spark  
Years ago

The big sexy Paul Rees alters shots are creates rebounds.

He is a valuable leader and a nice motivational speaker.

His experience helped Woodies a whole lot during the season and helped capture the ship

Reply #51348 | Report this post

cavalo  
Years ago

Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't he win the finals MVP back in 1994 so he must have been able to play at some point in his career.

By saying that Rees can't play, then basically you're saying that Phil has no idea because he wouldn't be there if Phil thought the same as you tools you said Rees has never been able to play. Same goes for Maher - what a bunch of short sighted fools you are! You all have such a wonderful insight into the game of basketball those who have a guy at Rees.

BTW - when was the game ALL about stats?

Reply #51362 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

Stats are all that are left for the nobodies of basketball to get excited about. Stats are never a true total reflection of a game.

Reply #51365 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

There are no stats for the work Rees does. It doesn't mean he doesn't contribute. He is a very underrated player. With age his role has changed.

Reply #51377 | Report this post

sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Unfortunately stats are all we can go by for away games in this time of lack of television coverage.

Reply #51382 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

All I can say is the Sixers look a better team with Rees in the team. If you have no Rees, who do you put on the Bradtke's of the league? Cooper os Ok, but does not have the body weight to sustain it on the big guys for 48. He would be fouled out in a flash.

To measure the importance of Rees, you only have to look at the contributions of the guys he plays on. Take game 1 v Rodgers & Burston. Neither made any valuable impact on the game and with Rees on the both looked frustrated and useless (some may say that is how those two always look!).

Rees has slowed up a lot, but he is still our only BIG body to block up some holes in the key. Defensively, he is still one of the best around.

Reply #51391 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

If the big boy is boxing out the other teams centre then it creates opportunities for our forwards and guards to get rebounds, ala Holmes, Rychart, Nash, Maher. If you have a look at their stats you could probably say they are getting more rebounds than normal.
And "Stacey King", to say, "Their big guys will be dunking all over him", I would like to know what Sydney big guys are you talking about? I don't think they have one player over 6'6!!!

Reply #51419 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Thornton is 202cm. Barlow is 205cm. Worthington is 202cm. Knight is 202cm. All over 6'7".

Panther, have you seen Thornton yet? Looks pretty big.

Reply #51424 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

And Rolan Roberts is large. Panther, see you on Saturday with Lloyd and the girls. Should be a big one!

Reply #51428 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Speaking of the Kings - they look in great form. C J, Worthington & Knight all shooting better than 50% from downtown, thrashed Hunter with no player playing more than 31 minutes... (J Smith only 22)

Reply #51435 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Doctor - Panther is going to be there sat night ?... my identity may be revealed !!

Reply #51437 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

Rees played a great game last night.

Reply #51798 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 7:59 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754