Anonymous
Years ago

Steve Carfino's Comments

During the Kings/Pirate game Carfino commented about a Kings player, said the wrong guy and then corrected himself and then said. "All the white guys look alike"

Man if someone in the AFL said that about the Aboriginals, it would be a huge issue.

Thoughts?

Also a funny comment just now between the Hunter coach and the Ref. The coach was complaining about a call, then the Ref said something like "You can't blame us for the shots going in, you can't blame us for the score".

Funny Stuff.

Topic #4416 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

Carfino is a tool

Reply #51307 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

It's fairly standard that alot of 'black/white' comments if reversed would be considered racist and there would be a big song and dance about it. But I personally think that the comment was funny.

Reply #51352 | Report this post

Bulldog  
Years ago

Brad Davidson's comments were fantastic when given the headset.

"Thanks for giving me the headset when we are down by 40 guys."

"I'll meet you out the back of the superdome later Casey."

"Just make sure you give me the headset when we are up by 40 one day."

I thought he handled himself very well.

Reply #51383 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

It's a tounge-in-cheek comment that anyone with a sense of humour can appreciate. In fact, Carfino is making light of the whole race issue, and if common sense prevails it should be seen as a good thing that people can now joke about stuff like that.

Too much political correctness can be even worse than the original problem.

Reply #51402 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Agree with above.

It was making fun of the whole issue it seemed among friends (Casey and the producers off air may make jokes like this all the time) and he just happened to let it slip on television. Personally myself I couldn't stop laughing.

Reply #51411 | Report this post

Doctor E  
Years ago

Didn't see/hear it but I agree it sounds tongue-in-cheek to me, like he is making fun of a phrase that is usually directed the other way.

Reply #51439 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Perhaps we should get Rex Hunt to call basketball with Carfino.
The AFL is getting too soft anyway with all of the players giving each other "Love Taps". There is better action on the basketball court and less fanfare about it

Reply #51476 | Report this post

m dizzle  
Years ago

does anybody remember carfino's rap on that show a few yrs back about nbl on channel 10?

Reply #51498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:03 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754