Anonymous
Years ago

What was the crowd like at Friday nights game?

Topic #4454 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

5000 or so? Nothing amazing, but a positive crowd IMO.

Reply #51723 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

just under 5200

Reply #51730 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

And much more into the game than at the first game of the season (where the crowd seemed half dead!)

Reply #51749 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Seems like crowd gradually building with some good anticipation bout the season ahead... good to see!

Reply #51750 | Report this post

Mix Master Wipe  
Years ago

First time ive seen both ticket boxes open before the game.Huge line up ,i arrived just at tip off and heaps of fans were still waiting to buy tickets.

Reply #51758 | Report this post

joshuapending  
Years ago

looked pretty good to me, bit empty behind the rings but that is always the case and room above the concourse. Much more positive as people said.

Reply #51759 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

5122 was the figure provided on the box score.

Reply #51790 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I bought my tickets at about 4.30pm Friday. I asked the guy how many tickets had been sold. He brought up a screen that said 5740 sold - 1310 not sold - 647 held (presumably freebies)

Reply #51831 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Yogee's figure seems about right. It was empty behind the baskets at the start and then filled up a bit.

Thanks to TW for my tickets last night (second row!). I took some guests along who really got into the game and will come again in the future.

The line ups for sales were pretty impressive, and I think they should grow during the year too.

Anon, I'm really doubting those Venuetix figures again. They must be calculating things differently? When you consider that a lot of people were lining up to buy tickets before the game, and the 5740 sold before then is more than the reported attendance!

Reply #51842 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Remember the the 647 held was probably for the $15 tickets that can only be purchased on game night.

Reply #51857 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

Have heard that people were turned away at the door as there were no tickets available.

Any one else heard similar?

Hope it is not true as there were a lot of free seats around the place.

Reply #51873 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

They always sell more seats than the numbers that actually walk in the door. Many of them are season ticket holders that can't make every game. I went on Wednesday to the Dome to purchase an extra ticket and tried to get one close to where I was sitting. The whole of the North stand below the concourse only had about 3 single seats available and yet there's always some empty seats around me.

Reply #51874 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

The upper corners were pretty much empty, so you'd hope no one was turned away...

Reply #51887 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

remember alot of people stand up around the barriars.

Reply #51920 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:43 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754