AJ
Years ago

Guess What - Bobby Brannen banned for 3 games

Sportal

The Brisbane Bullets have fined and suspended forward Bobby Brannen for an undisclosed 'breach of obligations to the club'.

The American-born player will miss the club's next three matches, but Bullets general manager Jeff Van Groningen has refused to divulge the reason for the disciplinary action.

"That's an issue within the family of the club. We've dealt with it and we'll be moving on," Van Groningen told AAP.

"The team has the majority of the season to play our best basketball and we are fully committed to our performance in the remainder of the season."

It is the second time the club has disciplined Brannen since he joined the Bullets in the 2000-01 season.

In May the Australian Sports Drug Agency revealed Brannen had tested positive to cannabis, and he was subsequently fined, reprimanded and warned.

The Bullets next play against Townsville on Wednesday.

Topic #4463 | Report this topic

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

That isnt good for my fantasy team. Oh well looks like a trade is on the cards.

Reply #51811 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

What I find most interesting is that a player was found guilty by ASDA and that is the first we have heard of it - well me personally.

Reply #51817 | Report this post

Ostertag  
Years ago

Apparently Brannen's suspension could be related to something on ozhoops.com.au. Anyone know about this?

Reply #51871 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

More info Mr Ostertag. He's killing my fantasy team!

Reply #51878 | Report this post

Nino  
Years ago

I believe the ban is due to a severe lack of hair style, which the Bullets and the rest of Australia has finally had enough of! Haha

Reply #51882 | Report this post

brizzysixerfan  
Years ago

I live in Brisbane, and it was reported in the Courier mail today that his "ban" had to be clarified by the CEO and it was a suspension. I didn't realise there was a difference, but apparently the difference is that he will be playing. The punishment actually started before his last game. I think this actually stinks. At first, I thought Brisbane were doing the right thing and sending a message that nobody is above the team. In this Bullets team, that was exactly what was needed I think.

Reply #52017 | Report this post

Wateva  
Years ago

So does anyone know what he was actually punished for?

Reply #52143 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

Fashion Police for that hairdo

Reply #52148 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

OHHHHH as if nino got in first! i so called that joke!

Reply #52149 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Story all over the radio this Morning up here is that Bobby Brannen (under an assumed name) has appeared in the buff in Homegirls magazine with his girlfriend. Needless to say the NBL has frowned on this and has dished out a 10k fine and suspension

Reply #52161 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Article about it all, inc picture of Brannen's girlfriend. Silly Bobby.

When the owner of your club runs the largest chain of child care centres in the country, you don't sign off on editorial that invites people to fantasise over publicised photographs of your naked girlfriend.

Reply #52177 | Report this post

Regular Poster  
Years ago

I'd like to know what NBL commissioner Rick Burton was doing reading that magazine !! ;)

Reply #52181 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

While incredibly dumb (but not illegal), Bobby's actions will not result in anyone talking about the NBL less - so I reckon it's a good thing. Certainly no-one from the A-league has done this yet. :)

Who will be the first NBL player brave enough to talk trash to him once he gets back from his suspension?

Reply #52185 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

From what i understand he has a suspended sentence and wont miss any games.

Seeing as they play the Crocs i would bet JR would be first in with the your girlfriend comments.

Reply #52186 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Yes, just saw that about the suspended sentence KB, thanks for that. If I was to trash-talk Brannen, I would do it via phone or email, or if it had to be in person, whilst running in the general direction of away.

And surely there's a basketball icon going to the first person to post a link to the offending picture/pictures.

I think this entire story is absolute gold and should be discussed in this forum ad nauseum. Baywatch, we salute you!

(Mod: Perfectly phrased.)

Reply #52189 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

BH, you don't deserve an icon for that. We want the icon to go the person who posts the pics!

Reply #52197 | Report this post

wak  
Years ago

Here's a start -

http://foxsports.news.com.au/story/0,8659,16735383-23769,00.html

Reply #52199 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reply #52209 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Hey MG,

I kind of agree with you - but I'm not going to quibble with the mod if he/she wants to dish them out. I might start selling them on eBay soon to the likes of Dr Dunkenstein. :)

And, please, if there is a God, let Bobby - or a 30-year-old carpenter from Sydney called Dave - be one of the guests on tonight's Talking Hoops.

Reply #52215 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

That bastard (excuse the french) has been screwing my fantasy team all year and at least now I know why. Goodbye Baywatch - you've been traded for a shoelace and half a can of soup.

Reply #52225 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

It sounds like he gets to screw more than just your fantasy team, MG.

(boom boom)

What flavour soup is the half a can?

Reply #52228 | Report this post

getmylegover  
Years ago

where do i find the naked pics?

Reply #52230 | Report this post

getmylegover  
Years ago

where do i find the naked pics?

Reply #52231 | Report this post

fm  
Years ago

There are more attractive women out there on the net that are far easier to find. And there's less chance of Bobby coming after you too.

Reply #52232 | Report this post

getmylegover  
Years ago

who cares about the women its bobbys body i want to see

Reply #52234 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:17 pm, Tue 19 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754