robt
Years ago

Fantasy World Wide Continental League

For the sake of something different and for the hope of no hate here, just a bit of fun

Teams:

Africa, Asia, Australasia (or is it Oceana?), Europe, North America and South America. Antarctica were invited but declined as they had no suitable venue for such a prestigeous occasion.

Rosters to be "born-in" only. Naturalisation and/or Citizenship, does not count (eg. Kyrie Irving would be an Australasian player, as would Steven Adams, if required)

No, you don't need their approval to include them (eg. Kyrie Irving as an Australian player, and Adams as a Kiwi).

Coaches? That's you!

North America have to be numero uno!

No doubt Europe would be a formidable team and Australasia would push them (specially with Irving and Adams). But there are huge numbers of African-born players who are gaining and deserving world wide recognition. Several (???) in the NBA, in the European leagues and in the NBL. Put the best of these players together and there's another threat to the top teams.

Asia are certainly not hugely represented at the highest levels but out of some 4 billion possibilities, we need around 15 to be competitive.

The South Americans are completely unknown to me, 'cept for the guy who played for Cairns (& if I can't remember his name, he qualifies as another unknown, I suppose).

Your thoughts. If you know who's who, make up some rosters.

Topic #44637 | Report this topic