Splinky
Years ago

Now we have First Ever ads before NBL.tv live stream

I pay money for NBL.tv and I still have to sit through a crappy First Ever ad before I can watch? I'm not going to buy your rubbish First Ever, okay? Give it up. Your clothing brand is a dud.

Topic #44650 | Report this topic

AussiePride  
Years ago

I am more concerned with that guy having to wear all those tops in this heat!

Mind you he does peel them off pretty quickly.

Reply #729156 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Does anyone know if the baby goat survived?

Reply #729165 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

anyone else's nbl tv seem to constantly time out on their phone? don't seem to have this issue with other similar apps..

Reply #729175 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Worst ever*

Reply #729182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Yet here you all are, talking about it and giving them exposure.

Well played First Ever. Well played.

Reply #729194 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

First Ever sponsor the league. League sponsors typically do get ads on broadcasts, why would the app "broadcasts" be any different. Especially when the owner's son owns the sponsor

I’d say the NBL and First Ever know that a lot of hard core bball fans won’t buy their stuff. Further evidence that that the league is targeting casual or general sports fans for growth.

We can complain all we like, it won’t change unless first ever loses too much money.

Reply #729220 | Report this post

X  
Years ago

Other sports manage to have sponsorships with clothing companies without it being rammed down your throat every three seconds. The Worst Ever partnership has been a failure for the NBL.

Reply #729221 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

@ X
What load bullshit, you obviously haven't watched to many other sports.

Reply #729228 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

X is right, I can't think of another sport I watch on tv where the apparel advertising is force fed so much.

Reply #729233 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

"Yet here you all are, talking about it and giving them exposure.

Well played First Ever. Well played"

This sort of thinking about getting people talking about your product even in a bad light, is a complete marketing myth.

Reply #729235 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

that fucking ad sounds like a wake being held for a chipmunk.

Reply #729242 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NBL does not have the luxury yet of unlimited sponsors knocking at our doors. You guys should be a bit more understanding, as our teams clothing supplier we should be more supported.

Do I like the ads no, but I appreciate and welcome sponsors such as first ever, hungry jacks , chemist warehouse and so on.

Reply #729243 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Exactly #243, these guys just like to complain, they should get life.

Reply #729267 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

At the time of filming, they should've got enough footage to create 3-4 variants so there was a bit more variety.

Reply #729269 | Report this post

KET  
Years ago

Firstever is also LK so don't look at it as giving too much to a sponsor and more: LK owns FE and NBL therefore leverages NBL for FE, so OfCourse he is going to do this.

Reply #729381 | Report this post

Anon  
Years ago

"that fucking ad sounds like a wake being held for a chipmunk."

LOL

Reply #729690 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:42 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754