Jack Toft
Years ago

Brisbane v Cairns Jan 19

What the heck is this? An NBL game on a Saturday night? Yep, it's true. No need to go out and about to find something to do, stop binge watching Netflix and watch it on Fox, or get to the game.

Cairns have a new sense of purpose in recent weeks and in their last game essentially stole defeat from the jaws of victory. However, one thing they can be proud of is that they are Brisbane's Bogie team this season. Brisbane have a "banana peel" game tonight in the state where bananas are less bent than a National Party Minister. "Don't you worry about that" Having lived in Queensland for a period of time during the Joh years I saw just how bad it was, but at least I was able to purchase a military grade semi-automatic weapon without a gun licence. Ah, the good oh times pre the ALP Goss Government who party pooped it all, and when Russ Hinze ruled supreme.

Back to the game....I'm actually looking forward to this game and hope Cairns bring their A game. As a Sixers fan I need Brisbane to lose, but as an NBL fan I want Cairns to win. There is no reason why they cannot get a W tonight. Cairns need everyone to lift. Not one or two, the whole team.

My tips have been the kiss of death this second half of the season. That's why I am tipping Brisbane by 3

Topic #44653 | Report this topic

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

This game, Iike so many at this point in the season, is bigger than the Russ Hinze Dam. Queensland will be the battleground state in Federal elections for years to come. Here's hoping that the sunshine state will continue to be an NBL battleground for just as long.

Who wins? Brisbane have to be favoured at home against the last placed Cairns outfit.

On the other hand, they have comfortably beaten Brisbane twice so far this season.

Will Jawai dominate the paint again like some giant gerrymander in human form? Or will Bairstow, Hodgeson and Vukona hold their ground? Jawai can dominate, but can’t play a whole game.

I’m tipping Brisbane, but with no real confidence.

Reply #729252 | Report this post

Luuuc  
Years ago

More than 1 game on a Saturday? WTF???????? :O

Reply #729253 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Being on a family-friendly Saturday night (wait whaaaaat?!), going to make my way to Boondall and catch my first live game of the season.

Not sure what to expect given that Cairns has pummeled Brisbane twice already, I just hope the game is close.

Looking forward to seeing Lamar and Melo ball. Have a feeling the big key to the game is Jawai, Brisbane win if they keep him to under 12 points.

Reply #729260 | Report this post

Manu Fieldel  
Years ago

Patterson and Trimble balling = LaMelo Ball

Reply #729263 | Report this post

UseTaHoop  
Years ago

Brisbane should be more hungry for a win now with Adelaide only 1 win behind.

A top 2 finish is possible, isn't it.

Motivation enough. Bullet train to run express tonight.

Reply #729334 | Report this post

Hogwash  
Years ago

Brisbane will win.
Perth (Perf) could drop out of the 4 if they lose to Melbourne tomorrow.

Reply #729339 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

#44653, I can tell that you're not superstitious so I hope you had your fingers crossed when you wrote; "My tips have been the kiss of death this second half of the season. That's why I am tipping Brisbane by 3".

Reply #729360 | Report this post

robt  
Years ago

Jack Toft, I can tell that you're not superstitious so I hope you had your fingers crossed when you wrote; "My tips have been the kiss of death this second half of the season. That's why I am tipping Brisbane by 3".

Reply #729364 | Report this post

Zodiac  
Years ago

Just tuned in Bullets up by 30 early in the 4th.

Reply #729372 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Cairns are terrible, other than a few games. Mello a good player, certainly offensively, but he doesn't get the W in the win column.

Reply #729374 | Report this post

Violet Crumble  
Years ago

Jason GOATee strikes again!

At least Rob Loe's Hair contributed something Cairns fans?

Reply #729393 | Report this post

Ben  
Years ago

Smallest game thread this season?

Having been at the game I don't have many takeaways.

- really liked Lamar, good handles for a bigger dude and can obviously score
- signing of Davis to an import spot still baffling, I don’t think he addresses a need that wasn’t already covered
- Kenny was a real anchor for Cairns, and a huge clean out of the roster due at season’s end
- the constant 'Hun-gry-Jacks’ chants paint an unprofessional image of the NBL product, it was embarrassing being at the game in this respect. I’d say this is an edict pushed by the league though with the amount of times I’ve heard it at other games.

Good crowd at the game, pleasing given that Cairns is not a draw. More Saturday evening games please.

Reply #729394 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:05 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754