DJ
Years ago

USA vs Boomers

Heya,

Does anyone know what time the USA vs Boomers game starts tonight or should I say Friday morning.

Cheers, DJ

Topic #451 | Report this topic

D-lin  
Years ago

I am guessing for a 9:30pm start, seeing the schedule put up by Kent Brockman said game starts at 14:30. Athens time is 7 hours behind us (SA time). HOWEVER, it all depends when Channel 7 actually decides to show the game. We could be waiting until 1:00 tomorrow morning. I'm just going to keep my TV on 7 until it comes on.

Reply #3611 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Not sure Jirachi, I didn't see any of it apart from news reports, which showed a couple of LJ turnaround J's. Like I said, I'm just going to leave the telly on, it's the only way of guaranteeing to see it...

SBS has a couple of games on tonight / tomorrow morning which should be good..

23:15 - Italy vs Spain
05:15 (tomorrow) - Greece vs Lithuania

Reply #3614 | Report this post

D-lin  
Years ago

Oops, sorry, take off 1/2 hour for the above games for SA starting times.

Reply #3615 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

They did show part of the Opals vs Japan game, can't remember what time though but remember watching it.

Reply #3616 | Report this post

EC  
Years ago

I switched on the TV at around 7pm last night and it was on then.

Reply #3618 | Report this post

Ozzie  
Years ago

A mate rang channel 7 today and was told they would be showing some of the game. 9:00 start I believe...

Reply #3619 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

They showed decent coverage of Opals vs Japan last night (well, better than in the past!). Hopefully they can do the same thing for the Boomers.

Reply #3621 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yer it is scheduled in the newspaper after the 200m backstroke...and the coverage is 6pm-10:45pm, so id say around 9ish

Reply #3628 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

The coverage of Opals vs Japan was decent, but wasnt live or even close to it.

Followed the game online with the Fiba Buzzer thing and then turned the telly on about 2 hours later (maybe more?) and then they showed it on the box.

Good that they are covering it though, just wish they would tell us when and what will be on, rather than jumping from one thing to another and showing alot of stuff delayed.

Cheers, DJ

Reply #3639 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

OzHoops forum has people saying they contacted Channel 7 today to say coverage should start somewhere between 830 and 9pm (our time)...and we will see "about half the game".....so probably do 10 minute blocks rotating through other events as per normal.

Reply #3651 | Report this post

MW  
Years ago

What about SBS? They seem to pick an event and stick to it.

Reply #3652 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

I think the deal is that SBS can only cover events that 7 arent showing.....part of this stupid anti-siphoning rule the government has

Reply #3655 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

SBS has been showing stuff in full, that channel 7 has been crossing to.

For example if you were watching any of the cycling on tuesday both channel 7 and SBS were showing the exact same thing.

I believe SBS is showing NO basketball, they had a schedule pre-olympics with what they were showing.

Wereas channel 7 are going with whatever Aussies are succesful in or whatever is entertaining, which for a commercial channel you can't blame them.

Hopefully they show a fair bit of the boomers game.

Cheers DJ

Reply #3669 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Where's the court time for Maher?

Reply #3671 | Report this post

FarViewer  
Years ago

4th Qtr and Maher is off again and Heal is on??!! OMFG there goes our early scorer's damage just when we need some big 3s! WTF is Brian doing?

Reply #3680 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where the cat's time???

Reply #3681 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

I'm sick to death of Captain Hero stifling the offence just to shoot another long range three .... and friggin miss. Damn I can't stand Goorjian. He lets Heal do his thang over and over again, and then with 1.30 left in the game and the chance to clear his bench and let the 4 bench players (ie Cattalini, Rogers, Rillie, Ronaldson) have a run against some of their heroes, he puts only the Bear in. You are a disgrace Brian - think about something bigger than Ronaldson's shorts (which by the way, could become a wet-weather cover for the Queen Mary 2 after the Olympics - have you ever seen anything that big?). This might be international basketball, but sometimes it's about giving everyone a go - take a leaf out of Larry Brown's book and play everyone in garbage time.

I'm switching off now. Bogut is a future champion, damn how much has Andersen improved, and Bruton did his best as did Maher.

Why oh why aren't Phil and Andrew Gaze involved in the coaching? Legends in their own lunchtime and wasting away on the sidelines.

This US team won't win gold. They will struggle in the crossovers against Lithuania and Serbia-Montenegro. If Divac and Stojakovic had made the trip, it would be all over now.

Reply #3688 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

spot on moses, i couldnt bear to watch that last two minutes of garbage.

Reply #3690 | Report this post

annoyed  
Years ago

far out, i dont even coach but wow what was goorjian bloody doing!!!!!!!!!! why did he go back with captain "idiot" to finish when he had a perfectly good mahersy sitting there, also im sure cat would stretch the defence a little more than sav and also j.smith shot well and defended well but he was another that sat his arse on the bench, come one brian you tool get over shane and do whats best for the country rather than what is best for your boy!!!!!!

Reply #3725 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Thu 18 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754