The Outsider
Years ago

ABL Player Movement

Two players have been link to Sturt recently from two other clubs whilst one Sturt player has been heard to be moving. I don't know any names or clubs but can other people confirm or deny these rumors with names and clubs if any. Are there any other ABL player movements occuring in the mens side. Have heard a lot of women movement so far from South and Foretville but not a lot on the mens side

Topic #4515 | Report this topic

Panther  
Years ago

Have heard of one player from Norwood and one player from North both moving to Forestville...get that cheque book out Michael!

Reply #52436 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

outsider - how can anyone confirm or deny a rumour nothing. if you can't provide a name or club, its harldy more than a fishing trip.

Panther - i don't think forestville could afford more players. Rumour is they are building a permanent Hot Dog stand on the end of the f/ville bench. Dunno why???

Reply #52440 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

You are right it is a fishing trip as I have heard there are two different players at sturt and that one has decided to leave

Reply #52441 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Not naming any names but rumour has it that the player who plays for North is a decent player, even in the Sixers squad! Could be a big loss for North...

Reply #52443 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

But surely if he is in the sixers squad he should be moving to Sturt?

Reply #52448 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Geez, that's a good point anonymous...Is that you Rick Castle?

Reply #52449 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Panther,

No but I think you have stumbled on to the next big rumour when Phil and Steve retire..natural progression.

By the way, I noticed that the 36ers are listed as a sponsor of the Sturt U14 girls national team going to Darwin.....!!

Reply #52452 | Report this post

UTBNB  
Years ago

Panther

How did u come across such accurate info????dammmm

Reply #52558 | Report this post

no-game  
Years ago

name some names, surely if your going to start a rumour you must have some substance as far as names go. get it out there

Reply #52567 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

not hard to work out the names, hambour, arnold.

Reply #52595 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Woodville, Southern to sturt

Reply #52598 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I find it really amusing that we are skirting around the names issue here. The players know who they are and if true both clubs must be aware of the situation. On that basis would somebody just please put me out of my misery and identify the clubs and players involved so we can debate it openly!

Reply #52599 | Report this post

no-game  
Years ago

benson from sturt to eagles...cant see much extra court time in that move, probably a step backwards!

Reply #52606 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Is anyone not going to Forestville?

Reply #52612 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

panther

Reply #52614 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

that would clog up the guard positions pretty well wouldnt it ?

Reply #52615 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Benson to Eastern (Rumor Only)
Ng to Sturt (Rumor Only)
Bowley to Sturt (Rumor Only)

Reply #52618 | Report this post

Sledgehammer  
Years ago

Heard a rumour South are planning to use Panther as a 'pinch hitter' off the bench in 2006 instead of a 'hit man'???? Apparently he has been spotted at Marion in the early hours working on his outside game. Look for some real deep Panther 3 bombs next season!!

Reply #52619 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

marcus ng i gather seeing darren is already there

Reply #52629 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

where is Benson going?

F/ville or eastern?

Reply #52632 | Report this post

Mum  
Years ago

Sledgehammer,I also heard about Panther in the early hours at Marion and I would like to have a chat with him! so if anyone knows his number or email let me know.
;-) mum

Reply #52634 | Report this post

mj  
Years ago

I heard that former Riverland Raiders ABA player Scott Palmer will be playing with Sturt next season. He played for Mildura this past ABA season, and is moving back to Adelaide for employment. Will be a handy pick up as he is a very verstile and experienced player.

Reply #52637 | Report this post

really?  
Years ago

I hear that Cam Wilson might be leaving tha wood' ..? Anyone else hear that one ?

Reply #52639 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Have centrals been talking to him?

Reply #52640 | Report this post

really?  
Years ago

Centrals you reckon ? They do need a point guard dont they? A Wilson & Watson 1-2 would be a strong combo.

Norwood and Eastern need a point guard too ?
What about West or Southern ? Could be a Gerlach -Wilson swap in the mix?

Reply #52642 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why would he leave he just captain a grand final side.

if he leaves he's pretty silly

Reply #52643 | Report this post

jimmy de bas  
Years ago

who cares where benson goes? not me for one

Reply #52646 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

cam leave woodville in your dreams

Reply #52647 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

see that key next to the m? no, no not the n, this one " , ". Please use it so we can understand what your trying to say.

Is it school holidays yet?

Reply #52648 | Report this post

tiger  
Years ago

A "Q" would have helped also

I don't believe Cam would leave Woodville either although stranger things have happened and it would be good for the league to have him at Centrals with Watson.

So people are saying Benson is leaving sturt and his sister is leaving forestville. Both should play for Forestville for the best coaching

Reply #52649 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Hi mum, how are you?
From what i've heard Hambour and Arnold are going to Forestville and it seems that Benson may be in the mix.
Oh and Lloyd..didn't I tell you..i'm playing for Forestville too next year!

Reply #52662 | Report this post

snake  
Years ago

Panther, based on your thinking of arnold and hambour, who are you going to replace to make it on to this roster?

sutton
hambour
brad
dix
farman
newley
arnold
daniel wilson
cam wood
grange
dougy
neil motram

maybe wayne haydon for spot no 13?

Reply #52666 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Has Dix retired? Surely a player of Bensons ability would need to go to a bottom side to get an increase in court time. And if Arnold and Hambour are their maybe he will not play.

Reply #52667 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

What's Forestville's salary cap again?

Reply #52669 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

I'm glad you asked that snake...in fact Dougie and I are going to play as one person, yet BASA have agreed to allow us still to have 12 fouls...(I asked for more but they wouldn't give them to me!), so Doug, you get 3, I get 9!!!

Reply #52670 | Report this post

Panther  
Years ago

Oh and Snake, you won't see Mottram in the Blue and yellow ever again, Melbourne aren't allowing him to play ABA anymore due to the consistent injuries he gets.

Reply #52671 | Report this post

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

Mo'bags I believe Forestville has a different salary cap to everyone else. The cap only applies to the seven bench players.

I would also like to know if there were any breaches from last seasons audits that were meant to be carried out?

Reply #52673 | Report this post

Duff Man  
Years ago

Lets all go play for Forestville, seems like the cool thing to do.

Reply #52674 | Report this post

Mo'bags  
Years ago

Maybe they get paid in Vilis pies. Go round Dixy's house and he's got a shed full!!!!

Reply #52675 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think Forestville overstep the salary cap, they pay by the rules.........BUT I here coaching pays VERY well if your an ABL player.

Reply #52686 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yes, thats why players are going to the Sturtysixers, they pay even MORE!!

Reply #52697 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 4:10 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754