wak
Years ago

what does an NBL coach get paid?

Here's something i don't know, how much does an NBL coach get paid?

What made me pose this question? I was thinking how badly Perth are going to do this season and thought that Scott Fisher would not have been my first choice as head coach for a team going through a period of 'rebuilding'. And remembered Black was cut for some unkown (Longley/Vlahov going for a mate) reason. Obviously Black didn't go for Cairns because of the money, more like the position was available. But what is a caoch actually paid in comparison to the players?

Topic #4539 | Report this topic

michael  
Years ago

if i new i would tell you but like new zelands coach would be getting 10 dollors a game the way he is going

Reply #52705 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Depends who the coach is and who the players are.

Reply #52708 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Smyth is on around $180k and Brehney around $120k.

Average is $120k for head coach and $60k for assistance.

Reply #52739 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

why basketball is going backward we pay them too bloody much

Reply #52740 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

Depends. Senior executives and their "assistance" are on much bigger money than this.

Check AFL coaches also if you want to complain about the NBL.

Reply #52766 | Report this post

Moses Guthrie  
Years ago

And to put a different spin on it, what do you think NBA "assistance" get paid? Check this for an idea:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/4920440

Reply #52770 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Tell you whatg wak...why dont you tell us how much YOU get paid?

Why does it matter how much someone gets paid - surely this is an issue purely between the person in the role and their employer? If the employer feels that the person is performing to the value of their wage/salary, great. If not, the employer will fire them. It's that simple.

Reply #52777 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Touchy Touchy yogee

Reply #52825 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

I dont think there is any problem discussing what NBl coaches get paid. I was very interested to know.

Reply #52830 | Report this post

Bullshit Artist  
Years ago

Not as much as me!

Reply #52867 | Report this post

Misty  
Years ago

Smyth deserves every cent, he's a champ.

Reply #52905 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:26 pm, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754