Reno
Years ago

Oscar's Dunk

My opinion on his dunk...

disappointing.

Sure, a dunk is a dunk, but for a kid who is 200+ cms and athletic, he could have done a windmill, or hung onto the rim for longer and swung back, or something.

What does everyone else think about his dunk?

Topic #4563 | Report this topic

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

I am just happy he pulled a pretty big dunk off showing a bit of agro.

Hopefully a sign of things to come from the Big O

Reply #52986 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

In the context of the game, if he gave a tech foul up for haging on the ring,I would have killed him personally. Windmill? It was through traffic,not much, but still keep it simple, get the points and play D down the other end!

If he was on a one on zero break, then hell yeah something a bit more over the top should be required. For me its all about the context of the game and the result that at the time was very much in doubt

Reply #52987 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Reno, in a different situation I'd agree, but I think that at the time they were trying to hold or regain a lead and getting the points was a priority. Smyth is not the type of coach that would've been at all happy if he tried something fancier or gave up a tech.

Reply #52992 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On dunks... how about Decker's left handed leaner!!!

That was nasty!

Reply #53000 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

2 points is 2 pointe - but good to hear Oscar is being aggresive and throwing it down - as for the fancy stuff, leave that for the break or when the result is well and truly over.

They'd be quick to throw the tech if he hung on the ring a little longer and swung back!!

Reply #53010 | Report this post

twenty four  
Years ago

If he had blown a windmill or got a tech he would of been benched, told off and then he'd probably lose his confidence for a while.

Reply #53020 | Report this post

mark  
Years ago

Oscar being aggressive around the hoop is fantastic. They dont pull off windmills in traffic in the NBA and you want it in a tight NBL game??

Reply #53023 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

anyone got some footage?? maybe who ever put up the game winning shots post.

Reply #53027 | Report this post

In the Know  
Years ago

Dusty has put some footage up from the game and Oscar's dunk is there.. He has a archive page that has video highlights and at the bottom is Oscar's Dunk..

Check it out..

www.d-rych.com (Archive)

He is also giving away tickets so check www.d-rych.com (Chat)

The Dunk seemed much bigger and badder that night from where i was sitting.

Reply #53029 | Report this post

Take Luck  
Years ago

sweet cheers

Reply #53031 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

That is Darnell chasing him down too. After the game, Oscar said that he could hear Darnell breathing behind him he was that close.

Reply #53037 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

Dusty's doing a great job bringing us highlights :-)

So why is it so hard for the NBL to offer us something like this - a min clip of each game, would it take that long to do?

Reply #53056 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Ozzie's dunk was awesome!
What drugs are people on?
Were we at the same game?

Reply #53100 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Gotta say, Saturday was the best game for dunks we have had in ages. Oscar's was brilliant, Coops had two big ones (the first one was the pick of the two (and Coops doesn't mind hanging around for a swing afterwards)) Decker will the consolation dunk for Cairns.

But my vote for dunk of the night goes to: Oscar.

Reply #53130 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

who cares what it looked like, it's all worth 2 points.

Reply #53498 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:19 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754