Libertine
Years ago

Funny 36ers Television Ad

Anybody seen the ad on TV advertising the next game? Features Dusty and Willy talking about a 'full house' being the 'sixth man', Dusty chiming in at the end with cheap ticket prices. A quick popup of the time, date and opponent at the end - effective, I thought.

Then I turned to my sister and she asked what the ad was about, and I realised I don't think it had said the word Adelaide 36ers or Sixers once. It might have, but it didn't stick in the memory. I was more excited to see an ad more then anything.

Anyone else seen it and have an opinion?

Topic #4575 | Report this topic

Isaac  
Years ago

Haven't seen it, but I don't watch much TV. I'd like to see them make an ad like this one, but it's good to hear that there's an ad out there.

Reply #53069 | Report this post

Noti Bagy  
Years ago

I watched it and fund it very hard to understand what Willie and Dusty were saying at all.

I got the dome is the 6th man thing but that was about all.

Maybe better with Brett and Oscar or Jacob doing the ad showing dunks and Willie going nuts withthe crowd like at the Cairns game.

Reply #53084 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

Great that they are showing adverts but I feel that they are not really targeting new fans.

Willie needs to have subtitles!

Reply #53128 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

The Sixers add has been out from day one of the season. I reckon it need to have more action and less talk. "let your actions do the talking"

Reply #53206 | Report this post

RG  
Years ago

IMO, the ad is aimed at people who are already familiar with the game and these two players. I would have thought it better to try to attract newcomers or people who haven't been for a while - stress the excitement of the game, show some action, show some contraversial moments, build up the hype for the next home match, profile the key opposing players and show how we are likely to match up, etc, etc. Since such TV ads would probably be far too expensive, we need to push the investment into the newspapers - Advertiser and Messenger.

I was in Cairns at the time of the "contraversial match" (it was a great game to be at and the decision at the end was good!!). There were radio ads for the Taipans and the Cairns Post was full of the game for a few days before and several days after the match - it was given most of the front page on the Monday morning as well as being on page 2 AND in the sports section!! Shame we don't see any of this in the Advertiser - Boti does a great job but with a paper the size of the Advertiser, I would hope we could do a bit more.

Reply #53284 | Report this post

Captive Audience  
Years ago

ive only ever seen the ad on channel 9. if only they can start showing nbl games on free to air tv not just foxtel... (the main reason i joined up with fox was for the bball!)

Reply #54152 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:44 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754