Bo Hamburger
Years ago

Melvin Ely

Hilarious story about the no-name Bobcats forward here.

Short summary:
- Ely gets robbed of $30,000 worth of jewelry outside a strip club
- Goes to local pawnbroker to see if it's there
- Pawnbroker does indeed have it
- One of the dudes who stole the jewelry in the first place comes into the pawnbroker's while Ely is there.

Topic #4582 | Report this topic

Ross Rebagliati  
Years ago

My favourtite part of this story is this line...

"Ely also would not apologize for being at a strip club."

That-a boy!

Reply #53134 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

Why would he apologize for being at a strip club. Have you seen some of the moves they pull off these days!!

Reply #53142 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Yeah,

We're talking some serious "post" moves here! Dropsteps, spins, using both hands...

Reply #53143 | Report this post

Lloyd Braun  
Years ago

i enjoy it when they hit the showers!

Reply #53147 | Report this post

Bob Knight  
Years ago

You're right Bo, it makes the killer crossover look second rate!

Reply #53149 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I'm not giving any of you little basketballs so we'll see who's really in this for the game and not the reward. ;)

Reply #53163 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Oh yeah, Isaac? I'm the mayor of Double Entrendre City and I'll keep posting them until my fingers bleed.

I like it when they elevate to complete a good post move...

Make sure you get a hand to the shooters...

Melvin Ely has trouble with picking up his dribble...

(Mod: OK, just one basketball for that dribbling line.)

Reply #53166 | Report this post

Rex Hunt  
Years ago

I like to get on the split line

Reply #53169 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

This is serious money for an potential buddy strippers out there.

Source: http://www.news.com.au/story/0,10117,16819436-421,00.html

But a new award claim by a strippers' industry group could mean that an hour with a naked lapdancer could set you back $5010 - more than the day rate for a top silk in court.

The demand for a national award includes claims setting higher by-the-minute rates for strip performances and strict physical working conditions to alleviate occupational health and safety concerns.

Proprietors say the claim could drive performers out of the industry or drive it further underground, when the aim was to achieve more uniform regulation.

The claim also specifies minimum stage sizes of no less than 4sq m, or 2.5sq m for private dancing. Stages are to be disinfected daily and performers are not to use oils or non-water-soluble products on stage.

Maxine Fensom, whose adult empire includes a gentleman's restaurant and a strippers' agency, charges patrons $150 in Victoria and $220 in New South Wales for a 12-minute full nude strip.
Out of that, she pays the performer $100 and $180 respectively and they get to pick and choose their hours. "It would be fantastic, but guys have trouble affording it now, as it is," she said.

Eros Foundation spokeswoman Fiona Patten estimated 90 per cent of strippers would be put out of work if the claim succeeded.

Strippers' union Striptease Artists Australia Incorporated has demanded $110 for a three-minute "skimpy" striptease - where nipples and genitalia remain concealed - while an artist performing a full striptease for a buck's or hen's night would earn $2010 for 20 minutes' work.

The claim breaks the industry into clubs, private shows, lapdancing, tabletop and podium dancing, and competitions and different categories within these divisions based on how much the performers are left wearing.

A topless waitress would earn $1100 an hour under the claim, or close to $6000 for an average five-hour shift.

Stephanie Richards, a topless waitress working at Ms Fensom's Richmond restaurant Maxine's, said she would average about $750 a week for about 20 hours' work.

Ms Patten said the Eros Foundation had supported the strippers' union in the past and worked with national secretary Jeanette Schagen to ensure occupational health and safety protections were in place.

But the industry was already regulated by entertainment and hospitality awards that allowed for nude performance.

"A code of conduct and some sort of recognition is the way to go," she said.

"We have seen similar things happen in the US, where they tried to introduce incredibly inflated awards and the agencies found ways around it and actually deregulated the industry."

"(But) certainly the strippers' industry is overdue for some regulatory model."

A senior deputy president of the Australian Industrial Relations Commission set further hearing dates in December at a hearing in Melbourne yesterday.

Ms Schagen could not be contacted.

Reply #53175 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Hey Double Clutch, your always screaming about money issue's, I'm sure you and your ripping 6 pack could earn some decent coin...

Reply #53177 | Report this post

Double Clutch  
Years ago

Don't worry about it. When I walk down the street women get this incredible urge to throw money at me.

The state's already critical health system would just collapse over-night if I start taking my shirt off.

Reply #53181 | Report this post

Mott the Hoople  
Years ago

"Ms Schagen could not be contacted". Do you pronounce that as I think you do "Shagging".

Reply #53185 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Its always good to see the ladies posing in a unique triple threat position

Reply #53191 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

I'm not sure where they found that triple threat from...I'd say from dark and dingy alley by looking at them...I was waiting for the next pic of their pimp.

Reply #53195 | Report this post

Bo Hamburger  
Years ago

Going back a few posts, I think part of the problem here is that Isaac and the other moderators are hampered by a lack of different icons to use - that using just the one for a variety of different situations can be difficult.

So here's a few suggestions:

*Harlem Globetrotter icon - for humourous posts.

*Either a GNIDLAPS or NETLOM icon - for a post which, figuratively speaking, someone is severely rejected or has their s*** thrown back in their face.

*A busted rim and backboard icon, Daryl Dawkins dunk-style - for an over-the-top post which brings a thread to a sudden halt.

*A bunny with a pancake on its head icon - for obvious reasons.

Reply #53202 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Bo, you forgot the 'you stuck at the internet' pic....... maybe used for stat padding.

Reply #53205 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

I think ely will be able to "plug the hole" when okafor has a rest.

Reply #53231 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:40 pm, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754