Statman
Years ago

How to find Hoops SA in Times Square!

Hey all

Just a very quick one for you all - Im sitting in an internet cafe in Times Sq NY and trying to catch up on all the latest in Aust Hoops - not the easiest thing to do here!

I tried the web address - no good - tried a search - no good - checked the address - Oh those Long Island iced teas are rather strong.....and here I am.

Funny thing is a guy next to me - rather large and covered in "bling" saw the page when it opened up and commented that he had been on the site and it was 'pretty cool - but not the nba'

Well done Isaac - you reach a long way!

Topic #4603 | Report this topic

Bob Knight  
Years ago

Well done statman!! Say hi to Patrick Ewing for me.

Thanks

Reply #53314 | Report this post

Northerner  
Years ago

Statman, if you're a half decent player get down to "Basketball City" on corner of West 23rd St and the Hudson river. Awesome place to play pick up games at (and it's indoors and got A/C too), I think it costs $10US but well worth it. Plenty of players there and a big variety of standards.

Reply #53317 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

thats cool statman. i'll be in New York 12/11/05 dont forget to check out the nba store if u havent already 5th ave and 52nd street. what other good shopping is over therei havent been over there for 7 years!

Reply #53324 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

blah, blah blah sponge bob, i haven't been over there for seven years.. You're a bragger and you will be missing a very important birthday by going OS :)

Reply #53336 | Report this post

Sponge Bob  
Years ago

sorry pickles but the big 30 isnt very important! maybe if u were 27 i would stay for your b'day!!! :)

Reply #53340 | Report this post

pickles  
Years ago

nice work spongey!!

Reply #53348 | Report this post

Statman  
Years ago

Back again.....no time for pick up games Northerner - and didnt bring my shoes (the fact Im the wrong side of 30 and seem to spend more time in the bar these days watching has a lot to do with it ;)). Been to the NBA store already Sponge Bob - WOW thats a fair range of stuff - even spotted a Lakers Stealth Bomber (thats wierd) and Greg Norman even has his own range of NBA gear )if he can why cant I? as for shopping - my god its everywhere - I think my wife has broken the visa!

Toured MSG today - didnt get in the players rooms as some mob call U2 were playing tonight and taking up all the room, still an amazing venue. The suites are incredible - Isaac have you got one on order? lol
Well worth the effort if anyone home gets the chance!

Go Sixers!

Reply #53553 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 8:26 pm, Sat 20 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754