Globo Gym
Years ago

Sturt Under 14's into the top 4

Both Girls and Boys are into the top 4. Get to the Starplex tonight at 7pm for Sturt V Melbourne

Topic #4604 | Report this topic

what the  
Years ago

did the girls lose twice to dandenong by 1 pt?

can they still make 1 v 2 playoff ?

Reply #53342 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So Sturt beat Norwood in the boys? What was the score? What time do Norwood play tonight?

I think they got unlucky having Sturt & Dandenong in their pool for crossovers. The other side seems to have been Melbourne, then daylight. Oh well, thems the breaks!

Reply #53344 | Report this post

Globo Gym  
Years ago

Sturt 74 smashed Norwood 44

Reply #53345 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

From the game report, it seems Norwood played Dandenong pretty tough. Had they won that game, we may have even had 2 SA teams in the top 4!

If Sturt can win the tournament, and Norwood can get 5th (both teams have a good shot at that, I think) then surely it's a good promotion for SA to again had 3 teams at every U14s. Had our best 3 teams been there, it's quite likely all 3 would have been top 8.

This isn't knocking the fact that North got in due to being the host club, just saying that SA deserve more than 2 teams representing them at every U14 nationals.

Reply #53349 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

I heard one of Norwood's best players hurt his knee against Dandenong last night, which did them no favours. Good luck to the Sturt who still have a shot at the title, would be nice to get a big crowd out to Gawler the next 2 days and cheer them on.

Reply #53352 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Sturt play for the championship tomorrow at 4:30 pm. It is against their arch rivals Dandenong who they lost to earlier in the championships after blowing a 15 point lead. Go the Sabers & go SA basketball.

Reply #53387 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

go dandenong...

Reply #53390 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Sturt were impressive today against a shell shocked Norwood, including an impressive dunk in the warm ups by the big fella. Norwood let Sturt isolate the Ahmatt lad and he hurt them big time when it counted in the first and second quarter. My money is on Sturt, Dandenong have size but nowhere near the same skill, and offensive discipline.

Reply #53399 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

On the basketball.net site it also looks like the Sturt girls are in the final tomorrow - against Melbourne . Well done !

Reply #53402 | Report this post

ll  
Years ago

Reply #53415 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

whoa whoa whoa, did you say a DUNK?

In u14's basketball?

when are the finals on, i gotta see this!

Reply #53445 | Report this post

MM  
Years ago

I heard a story back in 90/91 at the under 14 club championships in Tasmania, Frank Drimic was throwing down some dunks.
Also I remember seeing Todd Gower dunk in a State Championship against Pt Augusta as an under 14

Reply #53467 | Report this post

Chimbu  
Years ago

Jason Smith (Syd Kings) often tells of dunking for the first time on Crt 1 at nunawading as a 13yr old when in U14s

Reply #53469 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Michael Kubank, newcastle was throwing it 2 feet, 2 hands in U14s back eons ago.

Reply #53471 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

NO WAY

Reply #53478 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The kid thats dunking is well over 190 cm and has very long arms. He has been able to dunk for a while now

Reply #53480 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

He's 197 cm and growing

Reply #53514 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 9:13 pm, Tue 16 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754