auslot
Years ago

suggestion to isaac re the navy seals

hi isaac

hope i got that right

wouldnt it be good to have a poll on the website then everyone gets to vote on wether they like the seals or not.

this gives people the chance to put up or shut up. then if the overwelming majority like it then so be it. if not then maybe things have to change.

and to the person suggesting that the seals get paid, hhhmmmm i dont think so.
i went to seal try outs and i went because i wanted to do something else for the club, not for the money. there was not mention of payment. they all do it off there own back. i do hope the come with us to melb on the 11/11

Topic #4617 | Report this topic

Sturty6ers  
Years ago

I think that the Navy Seals are a new 'Fresh' idea. This is what the 36ers need.
I may not like everything they do, but I do praise the boys as they put their own time and effort into performing.
Can you imagine the amount of food that goes into making someone that size, it must cost a fortune.
On Friday afternoon, I saw Bizzy down at the Bombay Bicycle Club shovelling a couple of Beef Vindaloos just to catch up.

Reply #53536 | Report this post

cLaRkY  
Years ago

I think that the Navy Seals are doing well and you have to praise them because they sacrifice their own time to do something that will entertain people and they don't look for any payment.
The only improvements i think that can be made for them (which i have suggested to a seal) is to be a bit more vocal to get the crowd involved. At the moment they do little bits here and there which is good but like at the end of the Sixers v Tigers game they stood up and got the crowd involved more.

Keep up the good work

cLaRkY

Reply #53537 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

I can't speak for the club on this, but I don't see the Seals disappearing. More likely, they will just be adding to their repertoire, trying new things, etc.

Someone in another thread was complaining about the Seals trying to distract opposition players. This is standard across the league. Go up to Reesy one night and ask him why he hates playing in Perth... The guys there ride him all game.

Yeah, sometimes you'll have a D-Mac that can ignore it or play despite it, but then you'll have the Melvins that get thrown completely off their game. If you want purist, no-distraction basketball, then we'd have to remove the cheerleaders, the entire crowd, the announcer, the music, because those things all favour a home side.

Reply #53542 | Report this post

BettyLeadfoot  
Years ago

Seals are fine and worth a laugh.

Andrew Gaze could'nt take his eyes of of them in the last game at half time and he had a smile on his face before his halftime wrap up for fox. So gaze is a fan. Seals should offer to autograph his shirt or something next time he does fox at the dome.

Looked around at others near me and most had a smile.

Reply #53667 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 6:40 pm, Wed 24 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754