GT
Years ago

USA Cry to Victory!

The USA are the biggist cry babies I have ever seen. They winged for every call that went against them and intinidate the refs which in turn leads to bad calls going there way. CJ got called for looking at Duncan, A JOKE!
For such a proud nation I was disgusted by how much they sook.

Topic #463 | Report this topic

MW  
Years ago

I do beleive the refs identified that CJ Bruton should not of been getting minutes ahead of Rillie and Maher and hence was trying to foul him out!

Reply #3730 | Report this post

Stats  
Years ago

Great call MW great call

that certainly brightened up my day

Reply #3744 | Report this post

Chump  
Years ago

Dont ya just love the way lebron Strokes the ball from three! Such a great shooter! (oh i was being sacastic) Then theres jefferson! Well I wish I could get paid millions to shoot 3/25(guestimate) Man this team sucks arse! No harmony or team unity when they play.

Reply #3848 | Report this post

yogee  
Years ago

Hmm....there WERE very dubious calls, but they went both ways.

One that sticks in my mind was CJ did an offensive push off (cant remember who on)...the guy fell to the floor, CJ even stopped, expecting the whistle, which didnt happen, they he got some incidental contact from another USA player who tripped over his man on the floor (the one CJ pushed), and bang, off to the line for 2.

The refreeing has been pretty sub standard all Olympics, I think we should be grateful for the NBL refs considering what we have seen other countries offering as their "best" refs.

Reply #3851 | Report this post

Tommy  
Years ago

With regard to the refs being the 'best' that some coutries have to offer, Andrew Gaze made the point that the Euro Pro League has got the best refs in Europe, but because they are not sanctioned by FIBA they are not allowed to take charge at any FIBA sanctioned event (ie Olympics).

As far as USA being cry babies I agree. SUppose it just proves, a team of champions does not guarantee a champion team.

Reply #3889 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 3:18 am, Thu 25 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754