King Of Old School
Years ago

EVIL EMPIRE: STURT - STAR WARS

Why don't we just put all the "Sturt - Star Wars" stuff under one thread!

Here's everything so far:

re: Under 14's final (#53563)
No sweat AJ. I think we are both coming from the same angle here. Well done Scotty - or should we say Coach Vader of the Evil Empire.....
Armed Himinagaybar, 08/10/05
re: Under 14's final (#53697)

Mesecke is Vader because he is soooo evil but was once just like little Anni!

Scott Butler, 09/10/05
re: Under 14's final (#53703)
Would love to see Mesecke enter the court for the next game he coaches in a black robe and Vader mask with the Star Wars theme playing in the background:

Dar dar dar dardadar dardadar, dar dar dar dardadar dardadar......
Rubbish Bini, 09/10/05

re: Under 14's final (#53777)
In this Evil Empire, I know he's on the other side, but Paul Rigoni would be a perfect C3PO! I mean, chrome top and glasses. Sure C3PO didn't have glasses, but he was smart!
King Of Old School, 09/10/05

IF ANYONE HAS ANYTHING ELSE, FEEL FREE TO ADD IT!

Topic #4637 | Report this topic

Tylor  
Years ago

Sorry You guys have lost me

Reply #53778 | Report this post

Corkhead  
Years ago

Buts is King in 2005 with the boys, Was Queen in the early 90's with the girls. Only Neil Gliddon in 73 has the other - Well done - funny, they must have the same coaching philosophy. Came from the same club - both winners - now the kids are ......... funny ha ha ........... where are the other clubs .... ha ha ............ no they are humble (Buts and the kids), so we should be too. Good luck to every one in the new seasons ahead. By the way when your at pasadena next time pop into the bar - The Ken Watson Trophy looks a treat in the display cabinet. It is sitting in between the state champ trophies - 3 of them I think.

Reply #53844 | Report this post

BMG  
Years ago

Yes Corkhead, maybe you should be humble. Every Empire has their day. Perhaps you should be changing one of the letters in your name. The R to a C maybe?

Reply #53860 | Report this post

Corkhead  
Years ago

BMG we are a humble crew - we shall now just leave you to stew, or should I say spew.

Reply #53867 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

The biggest challenge is staying at the top which i doubt you will do.

Reply #53871 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Corkhead,

I am not aligned with Sturt but still attended the nationals competition. I was going to post that Sturt were deserving of the win and is great news for both them and the state. May I suggest you spend some time with this group of boys and learn how to handle success gratiously rather than doing your club a great disservice woth your childish going ons.

Reply #53883 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Well we have been at or close to the top of juniors for about 15 years. I think State Champion Junior Club 10 of those 15 years. This latest round of success is no flash-in-the-pan.

You are right, it will be hard to stay at the top, seeing as though some other clubs are trying to handicap us by rules and regulations, because they can't beat us on the court!

Reply #53885 | Report this post

Matt Ryan  
Years ago

STURT'S NEW UNIFORM

clickable link words

Reply #53921 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

IMHO everybody has got this the wrong hay around. the Evil Empire actually resides at Crittenden Road. The clubs make up the confederation and therefore it could be argued that Sturt is actually the alliance as they are trying to stop BASA from messing up basketball in this State, while the other clubs try to gang up and pull them down.

It is easy to see the the person who is in charge becomes the Emporer as they are looking to control the federation. The Presidents meeting is the confederation conference. That the junior committee are those guys who go of and build the army without other peoples knowledge and the Development Officer is the person everybody thought would be able to save basketball but has run of on his own agenda and is actually screwing things up. Hopefully he comes back to the side of good.

While Sturt are the club who is using the force in the right way to develop their players. To start a domestic competition.

Just like in the movies, sometimes you think that you are on the right side. Only to find out latter that you have been decieved. HOw many times do BASA need to decieve the clubs before they realise that they BASA are the real monster here. And that working with the alliance is their last hope.

Reply #54357 | Report this post

AJ  
Years ago

Nah i would prefer to be a part of the Evil Empire.

Reply #54369 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

So, Darth, you are on the mend then?

Reply #54383 | Report this post

anon  
Years ago

Why dont we just rename this site HoopsSturtSA? Talk about cross promotion!

Reply #54438 | Report this post

RJ  
Years ago

Totally ruined MR!

Not happy Jan!

Reply #54565 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 10:55 am, Fri 19 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754