Isaac
Years ago

Paul Rogers fractures ankle

Perth play the Pirates this round. Burston out. Rogers out. Pirates still have Eversteyn (216cm), Cullen (210cm), Hinder (208cm) and Melmeth (208cm).

Uh oh!

Topic #4682 | Report this topic

AJ  
Years ago

Good thing we didn't sign him.

Reply #54105 | Report this post

TH  
Years ago

not good news for Rogers, but comes as no surprise. his days would have to be numbered now(?)

Reply #54106 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Wildcats are already 2-6 and bottom of the ladder (including 0-3 at home!), and now they're missing Burston, Rogers and I think Boucher has been ill recently.

A lot of unhappy Perth fans on wildcats.com.au...

Reply #54114 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Kharma is a bitch

Reply #54124 | Report this post

No Kharma is a big angry elaphant

Reply #54134 | Report this post

sawmeinhalf  
Years ago

Good call Kent.

You can't help but smirk. No sorry feelings here I'm afraid.

Reply #54135 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

My message from August:
re: Paul Rogers signs with Perth (#44663)
Geez what a fickle bunch we are. All 'whooppee-ing' at the prospect or PR coming to 36ers and then as soon as he takes an obviously better offer, everyone comes down on him like a ton of bricks.
I can't believe some of these posts.
All ready to sacrifice Rees for Rogers, now Rogers is 'persona-non-grata'.
Good luck to him. How many of us would take more money for 2 years than a 1 year deal?
I think some people need to 'get real' and not bag players for thinking of their (probably very limited-given his foot injury!) future earnings.
Sure he wanted to play in Adelaide because he felt he owed 36ers, but he never said he would do it for peanuts. And if you listened to talking hoops on Tuesday, even Brett Maher said that PR tooks the offer that was best for him.

Dana, 04/08/05

Reply #54140 | Report this post

Hangin Round  
Years ago

Did Rogers fall off Kharma?, or was Rogers on a fast-break and Kharma swatted him?

Reply #54149 | Report this post

Thomo  
Years ago

rogers quest for a fat wallet put to much weight on his ankles and they crushed under the extra coin'age he got

Reply #54151 | Report this post

DJ  
Years ago

DAMMIT why couldnt it happen to Rogers last week than I would have won my Sportal game! arrgggg :-)
Bradley to outperform Rogers this week WOOHHOOO..

Reply #54159 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Deano's run out of trades this week, and still has Rogers! Hehe.

I think I'm up against Mark and the Gold Coast Rollers...

Reply #54162 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Dana, I also seem to recall that the general feeling was that it was a good thing Rogers didn't come to the Sixers, as he would probably spend most of the seaon injured. Prophetic?

Reply #54182 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

Not good for the league, Perth fans have already had to put up with a down grade in stadium, now they have to put up with no more wins this season!

PR was once great. Considering I wouldnt want any of the Sixers to get injured, kharma...that is, bad luck mate, got paid though!

Reply #54212 | Report this post

Dana  
Years ago

Yes indeed XY.

Reply #54720 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Geez i would hate to be a bunch of sooks from Adelaide at the moment

Awwww, you boys missed out on Rogers

My heart bleeds for you all...LOL

As for our record.....4-6, beat the Melbourne Tigers at home

Not a bad effort without Burston and Rodgers

You blokes in SA are a bunch of sooks.....from yer 36ers to Port Power to ya Adelaide Crows

Reply #55262 | Report this post

XY  
Years ago

Fezlington, go visit your own forum board and take one look at it.

If you think people from Adelaide are sooks, then I have no idea what that makes Wildcats supporters.

If the Perth fan base had its way, half of your team would have been lynched by now, starting with Fisher.

And don't even get started on football. Couldn't stop the tears after the Eagles got beaten by 'that mob from Sydney'. Hehe.

Reply #55293 | Report this post

thedoctor  
Years ago

Fez, I agree with you. These bloody Sixers suppoters, all they do is sook!

They cry because it's soooo lonely up there on the top of the ladder, having pumped Perth with a full team and won 7 straight games.

Wanker.

Reply #55294 | Report this post

Skyhook  
Years ago

Im betting we wont hear from that tool again !!

Nice one Doctor.

Perth wont even finish top 5 this year.

Reply #55304 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

Nah you wont hear from this wanker again.....LOL

So you reckon we wont finish top 5.....another win & sitting in 6th spot

As for you Doctor....Didnt the Adelaide Crows finish on top at the end of the AFL season???

What good did it do em??

Finishing on top dont mean shit in the playoffs

Reply #55493 | Report this post

Haggis  
Years ago

Fezlington, care to make a bet about who finishes higher on the ladder at the end of the regular season, out of Adelaide and Perth?

Or who goes further in the post-season?

Put your money where your mouth is.

Reply #55505 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

LOL..........What with all the injuries we have

Would YOU make that bet if you were me??

The point im making is YOU Sth Aussie sooks are bagging the shit out of Paul Rodgers.....why??

I think its because he came to Perth rather than Adelaide

And you blokes cant handle it....LMAO

Reply #55523 | Report this post

Isaac  
Years ago

Actually, I think we're quite happy that he went to Perth.

I wouldn't make that bet if I were you. Just like I wouldn't be coming onto a South Australian basketball forum trying to talk shit with fans of a team who are 9-1 this season.

Reply #55558 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Fezball, I'm glad it's Perth paying Rogers to limp around rather than Adelaide. You wanted him soooo bad, then, you can have him, and well even chuck in a POTW toothbrush, but we refuse to cover his insurance (would send any team broke, the excess is a killer)....

See you in the play-offs sparky when your.... actually we probably won't meet unless it's the semi's.......actually we won't meet at all cause your getting eliminated in the first round...

Reply #55567 | Report this post

Fezlington  
Years ago

True we may not face you guys, but we are sitting in 5th, and we are playing Adelaide this weekend

So look out should we manage to beat you guys....lol

As for the forum....i enjoy the read and talking shit to guys who are 9-1

Didnt the Tigers get off to a great start and loose 3 straight

All im saying is dont put the trophy in the cabinet just yet boys......there is a long way to go

And i wouldnt write off the Kings either at 8-2

Reply #55661 | Report this post

Uncle jimmy  
Years ago

Sixers are a bunch of sissies the think they can beat the kings now?... hahahaha

Reply #56288 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 11:57 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754