Owww Good God
Years ago

Advertiser's Lack of WriteUp

I'll start this by saying that I'm not Sturt person trying for more publication of the club but I was surprised to see that Boti has not written about the Under 14 Boys team that won the National Championships after a 32 year drought. To me that is a big achievement to the Sturt club and to SA basketball.

I was however glad to see that atleast the messanger carried the story. Dale Clark seems to be doing a much better job of promoting junior and SA basketball in South Australia. For me I would rather see Boti blog where he pays out the NBL players and coaches deleted and a bit of SA basketball news gets published. ANy other thoughts.

Topic #4698 | Report this topic

Anon.  
Years ago

If it was Forestville there would have been a full page spread! Interesting to see with him doing 14s this year whether, once he makes nationals, he mentions it. I am sure he will. Funny though there was no talk about him trying to change Clubs a few weeks ago when he was looking to move his eldest daughter. Don't tell anyone its a secret! Well thats what he was telling all the clubs!

Reply #54239 | Report this post

Kent Brockman  
Years ago

Were do you draw the line at news worthy articles?

As much as it is an achievement i dont think that it is Advertiser material but more so something for the messenger. Look at how many things go on around the NBL that dont get mentioned.

NBL Wrap is widely read and very much apart of my basketball week.

Reply #54240 | Report this post

Scott Butler  
Years ago

It is not Boti's decision which stories go in, it is the editors and sub-editors. He tried to get it in and communicated this fact with our President. I am disappointed it didn't get a run, but that's life. We still got plenty of coverage from Messenger Press, Hoops SA and Talking Hoops of which we are thankful.

Reply #54242 | Report this post

Owww Good God  
Years ago

Kent

Surely a National Tournament where an SA club gets the championship and where they create 32 year history for basketball in South Australia is Advertiser worthy. As anon said, I bet if Forestville made it and won there would be a write up. Surely also the fact that in 2006 it has allowed three SA teams to attend it worth mention. Or maybe its the fact that a father & son were both winners of the tournament in the 32 year gap. The NBL wrap is a annoying dribble where Boti slangs off the people around the NBL. Don't people already do that on here.

(Mod: Wow, the Forestville remarks are suddenly looking a bit silly... Read the post above yours.)

Reply #54243 | Report this post

Get over It !  
Years ago

Owww Good God ,

U 14's is not Advertiser news worthy - that is why the "local" community paper The Messenger reported on it.
Next you'll be wanting to name the top scorers in U/10's on the 5 pm news!

Well done to the Sturt team, but seriously, there is only so much room to print on in the paper and not too many people would even know about junior basketball nationals.

Lets not let ourselves get too carried away - could lead to too much emphasis on kids at a young age. The 12 yr olds should be commended on a job well done , but not given the pressure of being reported on .

Reply #54250 | Report this post

Libertine  
Years ago

State Under 15 Boys soccer team won the national title for the first time this yer in over a decade, and the national U17 coach is looking at up to 9 of them for selection for the next World Cup - didn't make the Tiser, read in Messenger. It happens.

Reply #54281 | Report this post

Anonymous  
Years ago

yeah it happens, but not to Sturt.LOL

Reply #54311 | Report this post

Dr Bullshit  
Years ago

The messenger is just so much better for junior sport than the advertiser. Ive been involved in a sport where the advertiser said theyd put photos in and do an article, but we never saw anything.

Reply #54324 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 5:16 am, Fri 29 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754