Isaac
Years ago

Funny Forum topics, nicknames, etc - please read

The forum has essentially doubled in popularity in a week and the topics represent the interests of a variety of people (School KO, Juniors, Sixers, Olympics, NBA, etc). Even though some people won't care about School basketball, or they'll love school basketball but not care about the NBA, it's all basketball and it's all welcome. So long as one subject doesn't dominate the others and people keep it courteous, we'll be OK.

Please try to keep things within existing topics where appropriate to avoid the forum index becoming unmanagable for people who don't check for updates a few times a day. Obviously discussions are more manageable if they are within a certain size so I don't mind if a School KO thread is started fresh if the old one has dissolved into trash-talking or goes over 200 replies (as it has), but otherwise if there's already a thread about Boomers vs US or School KO, try to keep the chat within those.

I'm thinking of adding something to the "Recent Posts" list so that people can see recent posts on certain topics and so on. Currently the site is averaging 100+ posts/day and that's going to be overwhelming for someone who checks in every day or two. Any other suggestions are welcome (reply to this thread).

Also, please use topic titles that explain the thread (i.e., "Maher, more minutes in Boomers?" instead of "Maher???", as an example). And I know that anonymity is much-appreciated by many, but there's a lot to be gained by choosing a nickname (even a couple if you want), and sticking with them. I've had a few years of maintaining and developing communities on the internet, and developing identities is an important part of it all.

Topic #473 | Report this topic

yogee  
Years ago

I would love to see more a thread related post index Isaac. Working during the day with no net access, coming home at ngiht and trying to wade through it all is hard.

Might make it easier for the moderators as well, we know what threads need watching, and then we would know more on what threads are active :)

Reply #3849 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Serio: Tourism photography and videography
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 12:00 am, Sun 21 Apr 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754