Moses Guthrie
Years ago

Atlanta Hawk dies at 28

Jason Collier, a backup (and occasional starting) centre, died of an alleged heart attack. Team is devastated and has cancelled practices etc. He's survived by his wife and daughter.

Here's hoping it had nothing to do with an irregular heartbeat (are you listening, Eddy Curry?).

Foxsports story
Statement from club

Topic #4731 | Report this topic

Froggy  
Years ago

Well it didn't happen playing basketball, so Eddy would argue that why stop if I can just drop dead anyway?

Reply #54522 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

I was in shock when i read this. He seemed like a nice guy on and off the court. My condolences go out to the Hawks Organization, and his family.

Reply #54525 | Report this post

Froggy  
Years ago

Mmm, sounds like he had an allergic reaction or something, horrible way to go though :( I feel sorry for his wife and daughter, his wife who had to try and save him :(

Reply #54539 | Report this post

Kriss  
Years ago

Thats tragic!

His wife had to try and save his life, and his daughter witnessed the whole thing

Reply #54545 | Report this post

TR  
Years ago

Terrible terrible thing, in todays society no one aged 28 should die of a cardic arrest. Peace goes to the Collins family and the Hawks organisation, and I hope his wife and daughter can get over this huge hurdle.

Very tramatic trying to save someone's life and failing in that attempt. You always have in the back of the mind 'what if' and 'if I was there 20 seconds before, I could of helped....'. I really hope his wife and child get through the process with help from family and friends.

Reply #54613 | Report this post

michaelredd  
Years ago

RIP Jason Collier

a player who showed he could start and match it with some of the best and would of been a vital cog this year.

he loved atlanta. hopefully they show him the respect he deserves

Reply #54711 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah he was the real veteran on the team.he was a mentor for john edwards n the other young big men on the team.surprisingly alot of well known hawk players looked up to him eg i know al harrington was very close to him.dunno what this will do to the hawk organisation as a whole.

Reply #54738 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

yeah he was the real veteran on the team.he was a mentor for john edwards n the other young big men on the team.surprisingly alot of well known hawk players looked up to him eg i know al harrington was very close to him.dunno what this will do to the hawk organisation as a whole.

Reply #54740 | Report this post

cheezeburger  
Years ago

collier was pick 15 in the nba draft in 2000.

Reply #54741 | Report this post

You need to be a registered user to post from this location. Register here.

Close ads
Little Streaks - The fun and interactive good-habits app designed especially for kids.
Serio: Tourism photography and videography

Advertise on Hoops to a very focused, local and sports-keen audience. Email for rates and options.

Recent Posts

An Australian basketball forum covering NBL, WNBL, ABL, Juniors plus NBA, WNBA, NZ, Europe, etc | Forum time is: 2:06 am, Sat 30 Mar 2024 | Posts: 968,026 | Last 7 days: 754